Thursday, October 17, 2024

I was thinking about how sick I was for those 10 days, both physically and emotionally, and can’t help but think… all that for a fucking nasal spray? So I asked AI, and it turns out it could have affected me emotionally as well. So I might have been wrong to assume the Levo had anything to do with it. I just hope I can push my TSH down in time for my next lab visit. It takes time to build up, just like it takes time to leave the body. It has a 6- to 7-day half-life.

Anyway, I’m still allergic to Florida, at least a little, because I have to sleep with the nasal dilator most of the time, but I don’t mind so much. I’m just a little worried I won’t be able to get a mouthguard, and that it’s not going to be easy getting my sleep apnea treated in a way I can stand. I wouldn’t be surprised if I wasn’t able to get Galileo back either. I swear, life is so not what we plan. Every single fucking time we plan something, something comes up to ruin it or get in the way somehow.

The AC people blew him off, so he’s going to call them tomorrow. He said he ran over the numbers, and it won’t hurt us that bad, but still, $500 is a lot of money, and the fucking thing is 3 years old, not 10 or 15 like I thought it would be before it started having issues. How is it that these portables have sat around for years doing nothing, as he said, yet they still work great and cost $300 instead of 9 grand? It’s currently 55 degrees out there tonight, so we don’t need the ACs running. We don’t need the heat either. It’s only going to be cool like this for tonight, and then it’s going to go back up into the 80s with lows in the upper 60s.

I’m putting my long ride on hold momentarily (still working my way through Russia) to do the Halloween challenge that just came out. There are five rides—I’m in Los Angeles now, and I’ll also be in Japan, Washington D.C., Spain, and Australia.

When Margaret emailed me to ask about the hurricanes, she said she had some friends in Florida she was worried about because they didn’t have insurance since it was so expensive. Yeah, it’s a shame people’s greed has to put others at risk like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment