Tuesday, February 26, 1991

God, that apartment has so many features that, reading back a few pages, I realized I forgot one—ceiling fans.

I’ll write more about the apartment later, but first, I passed the police officer exam! Can you believe it—I scored 81%?! I wasn’t sure how I did, especially with how I struggle with math. Tammy even said not to be upset if I failed, since those are tough tests to pass.

Everyone’s asking what’s next, and I guess it’s just waiting—seeing what they say and, if I move, what they’ll decide.

That night at Kim and Mark’s place, Kim played the piano, and I sang and played too. Kim is an amazing piano player. I’d listen to her play songs without looking, then show her how I play by ear. She’d play songs while I sang along—it was a lot of fun. After a great home-cooked dinner, we went to the Hampshire Mall. At first, I told myself, you can look, but you can’t buy. Then I thought, wait a minute, I’m not buying a new stereo yet. I just got into a band that looks promising. I haven’t bought anything but Gloria’s new CD since last August. Fuck this—I’m going shopping!

Perfect timing, too—I got a fantastic deal on a beautiful party dress, or evening dress as you’d call it. It’s perfect for performing. It was regularly $54, down to $10, and it’s a little big. It’s a 7/9, though I’m a 3/5, but for $10, I’ll make it fit. I’ve got to hem the sleeves and take it in at the bust, since I’m so small, but it fits fine at the waist. I also bought a red skirt with a wide black belt—the ruffled kind I like—and two pretty journals at a really nice price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.