The last week and a half has been incredible! I have some amazing stories to share. First, the visit with Dad was fantastic. He stayed overnight, brought a few knick-knacks, and we went out to dinner and then to Sugar Loaf Market. I sang him two songs, played the tape Bill made of the voice exercises, and a few “appropriate” edits. I also showed him my drawings and some new clothes. He watched the Frontier and Pub performance tapes and really got into them. We also watched some TV together.
Mom said she’ll be up in a month or two and told me how beautiful Dad thought the apartment was. He was blown away when he saw it and took several pictures.
Both Mom and Tammy called. Mom asked if I was sure nothing else was included in the rent. When I said no, she said they’ll send $150 instead of $140 from now on—an extra $10, which will surely help. I told her that as soon as anything singing-related comes up, I’ll let her know.
Joe, the guy I met roller skating, called, and we had a great talk. It feels good knowing Kim and Mark have known him for years. He said I sounded very serious and determined and even mentioned my fears before I did. He reassured me that I wouldn’t embarrass myself. We sang some Spanish over the phone—he knows Linda’s songs from Canciones de mi Padre. He said he’ll call again soon.
Now I’m going to listen to some music for a bit, then write about the most adventurous event I had earlier.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.