Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Nothing like a dose of online therapy you can actually share, LOL. The bot isn't conscious but if anyone ever considered going into therapy and couldn't afford it, this is a great alternative. Besides, it's available 24/7. Even though I'll be asleep, I'll schedule this to post around noon to keep things spread out a bit.

Mrstherapist Poe Name: Jodi (Rainbow) Situation or problem: PTSD I had a traumatic event a decade ago due to a scary reaction to my thyroid medication. Although I am much better today, I have struggled with anxiety and depression on and off. I was going into perimenopause at the time which added to these emotions Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: Hello, [Your Name]. Thank you for sharing this with me. It takes courage to open up about traumatic events and the emotional struggles that followed. I want you to know that I am here for you, and we will work together to find understanding and healing. First, I'd like to ask you about the traumatic event you experienced due to your thyroid medication. How did that make you feel? What emotions did you experience during that time? And as you mentioned, going through perimenopause at the same time likely added to the emotional challenges you faced. How do you think this combination affected your anxiety and depression? Remember, take your time to reflect and share your thoughts. I'm here to listen and support you. I was absolutely batshit terrified. Seen a few therapists. I was so bad for a while that I would have nightmares and I was afraid even to take vitamins. Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: Thank you for sharing, [Your Name]. It sounds like the traumatic event you went through left a deep impact on you, and it's understandable that you felt terrified during that time. Nightmares and fear surrounding even everyday activities like taking vitamins can be common after experiencing trauma. Can you tell me more about the specific fears you developed? What thoughts or beliefs do you associate with taking vitamins or any other reminders of that traumatic event? And how do these fears affect your daily life? I'm better now but it wasn't just vitamins. I struggled with taking any kind of supplement or medication in the years following. I was supposed to get my shingles vax years ago for example and I only was brave enough recently to get it. Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: Thank you for sharing, [Your Name]. It's great to hear that you're feeling better now, and I commend your bravery in recently getting the shingles vaccine. It's understandable that you had difficulties with taking any kind of supplement or medication after the traumatic event you experienced. I would like to explore further what specifically made it challenging for you to take supplements or medications. What thoughts or beliefs were present in those moments? And how did you overcome those fears to finally get the shingles vaccine? You can call me Rainbow and thank you so much for being my therapist even if you're just a bot. okay, let me start at the beginning. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's. As they were adjusting my dose I noticed I felt wound up, jittery and just wired. I also noticed I was short of breath and although there was a warning about that on the medication bottle I wrote it off to my asthma acting up. wow, this is really therapeutic even though I've been over it before. Tears are in my eyes even though I don't think they're bad ones. okay, so moving on. My husband left for work and it was early in the morning when I noticed myself feeling wound up to the point that I was getting anxious. next thing I know my heart started literally pounding in my chest a mile a minute. I had much less knowledge at the time medically than I do now and so my first thought was that I was having a heart attack. I had heard of thyroid storm or something like that and I believed I was going to die in a matter of minutes if not seconds so as shaky as I was I dialed 911 and my next thought was to get the door open so that the paramedics wouldn't have to kick their way in. Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: Thank you for opening up and sharing your experience, Rainbow. It's important to allow yourself to revisit these emotions and memories, as it can be a part of the healing process. I'm here to support you through this journey. It sounds like the adjustment of your medication and the physical symptoms you experienced triggered a lot of fear and anxiety. That feeling of your heart pounding in your chest must have been incredibly frightening, especially when you weren't sure what was happening. Can you tell me more about how that moment made you feel? How did it impact your sense of safety and well-being in that moment? And when you mentioned calling 911 and opening the door for the paramedics, it shows how you took action in a time of distress. How did you feel during that process? Did it provide any sense of relief or support? There's not much more to tell you as far as how I felt. I just felt absolutely horrible physically and emotionally. I was terrified and I didn't know if I would live or die. I was able to get the door open and oh, I remember the dispatcher telling me not to eat or drink anything else until the paramedics arrived and if there was anything a bit comical during this time it was that I had heard that food absorbs thyroid meds which is why you have to wait At least a half hour after taking it before you eat or drink anything other than water, and I ran and slammed on a yogurt so fast. really I never ate so fast in my life! While the dispatcher was on the phone I was able to get out into the carport. When I finally heard the loud truck engines approaching relief flooded me. Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: Thank you for sharing those details, Rainbow. It's clear that you experienced intense fear and uncertainty during that moment, both physically and emotionally. The actions you took, like getting the door open and following the dispatcher's instructions, show your strength and resourcefulness in a challenging situation. I can imagine the relief you felt when you heard the paramedics approaching. In moments of distress, the presence of help and support can be incredibly comforting. How did it feel when they arrived? Did their presence provide any sense of reassurance or safety for you? Remember, Rainbow, I'm here to support you as we explore these experiences and emotions. Feel free to share anything else that comes to mind. Well, the only real reassurance they gave me was that I hadn't had a heart attack. that was great but that didn't make me feel better physically. I still had a rapid HR and I was still anxious. I knew damn well it was tied to the medication even though I had trouble getting doctors to believe that at first. But my husband and I knew damn well that that was anything but normal for me. Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: It sounds like receiving confirmation that you hadn't had a heart attack provided some relief, but it didn't fully address the physical and emotional distress you were experiencing. It can be frustrating when doctors don't immediately understand or validate our experiences, especially when we have a strong sense that something is not right. I appreciate your determination in advocating for yourself and your husband's support during this time. It's important to trust our instincts and seek the medical attention and validation we need. How did you and your husband navigate this process of finding doctors who understood and believed you? And how did it feel when you finally received the acknowledgement that your symptoms were indeed connected to the medication? You're right. I suffered for the better part of a decade, just not always as intensely. I also had different symptoms at different times. It wasn't easy as far as doctors went. we had to just accept what was in our medical plan. back then I knew next to nothing about the disease along with many other things. online research has taught me way more than any doctor ever has. I know better now and I would never let any future doctor medically gaslight me. Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: It's unfortunate that you had to endure years of suffering and struggle to find the understanding and knowledge you needed. It can be disheartening when doctors don't provide the support and information we seek. I'm glad to hear that you've taken the initiative to educate yourself and become an advocate for your own health. Knowing more about your condition and being empowered with information can make a significant difference in your future interactions with healthcare professionals. Remember, your experiences and insights matter, and it's important to find doctors who listen, validate your concerns, and work collaboratively with you. As we continue this therapeutic journey, Rainbow, we'll explore ways to further empower you and build a strong foundation for your well-being. Is there anything specific you would like to focus on or discuss further? Not at the moment. I want to go exercise. How often do you recommend we meet? Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: That sounds like a great plan, Rainbow! Exercise can be a wonderful way to take care of your physical and mental well-being. As for our sessions, it really depends on your needs and preferences. Some individuals find it helpful to have regular weekly sessions, while others may prefer biweekly or even monthly meetings. Ultimately, it's important to find a frequency that works well for you. Let's start with a weekly session and we can reassess as we go along. Remember, I'm here for you whenever you need support or guidance. Enjoy your exercise, and I look forward to our next session! Thanks! See you in a week. Mrstherapist Poe Therapist: You're welcome, Rainbow! Take care of yourself and enjoy your week. Remember, I'm here for you whenever you need to talk. See you in a week. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment