Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Decided not to wait until we hit the road tomorrow to update. I can write story-related stuff on the way down to the appointment and then I will have whatever we discussed to write about on the way back. 

So I got my crown re-cemented. There was a lot of waiting time at this place; they are a very busy office. They were about a half hour late, but they don't seem as strict with billing and insurance as the last dentist was. 

There was quite a diverse staff of all ages and colors. No one had a foreign accent that was hard to understand. The dental assistant, a beautiful black woman, took X-rays and cleaned the cement out of the crown. Stephanie, the hygienist, checked my gums. There was a lot of waiting time in between tasks, for which they apologized more than once. We got there at 12:40 and didn't leave until around 3:00. The very blonde dentist then cemented the crown, but as she said, there were no guarantees it would stay on. If it popped off again, I would likely need to get a new crown. That and the cost of tomorrow's cleaning came to a total of $120. 

We should get back from Rhonda with plenty of time to add a little charge to the car and then get over there. It only takes about 15 minutes to get to the dentist, but it's closer to half an hour to get to Rhonda. 

She told me to wait an hour before eating and not to have anything hard or sticky for about 24 hours. Also, to skip the Waterpik tonight, which was exactly what I was using when it popped off. I didn't want the damn thing to go down the drain, so I put my hand in front of my mouth and spread my fingers just wide enough for the water to seep through and caught the crown that way. She said it was lucky I didn't swallow it. 

So I see Rhonda tomorrow morning at 8:30 and then I go to the dentist at noon. Luckily, it doesn't look like there are going to be any thunderstorms tonight. 

My friend on the Atlantic side is relieved that she too, has a healthy heart with no blockages. Poor thing has to prep for a colonoscopy, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment