Monday, May 20, 2024

I got into bed feeling relieved that the storm was going to miss us and I didn’t have to worry about it waking me up. But what should wake me up instead? A power failure of course. Tom still can’t see that something sure as hell at least seems to be cursing my sleep. That’s 3 times in a week. I might as well be back in Citrus Heights. It’s like something is using other things to make up for the lack of traffic waking me up.

As far as we can tell, no storms are predicted for tomorrow. So if there isn’t another power failure, I guess I’ll just have to have a nightmare instead to ruin my sleep. I likely would have slept only one more hour, but being shorted sleep is being shorted sleep whether it’s by 5 hours or 5 minutes. I would have woken up before the power failure if my body felt it had enough sleep. It’s going to be hard to fully evaluate how helpful the new bed is with other things waking me up. That’s why I’m marking when storms or other things wake me up. It otherwise does seem to be helpful so far when I weed out all the wake-up calls.

I don’t think I’m gonna have the energy to get on the road tonight. I left off in Angola, NY.

I really like the new speech-to-text setup in Windows 11. Definitely want to upgrade my old desktop because it’s so old that it’ll only go up to Windows 10. It might be several months before I do, though.

I thought of the New Mexico thing some more, and I both do and don’t like the idea of it, just like I do and don’t like the idea of remaining in Florida for the rest of my life. That doesn’t mean it would be a bad thing if we did stay here forever which I think will be the case. It would have been bad if we couldn’t have gotten out of Oregon or California.

Right now, I’ve got a couple of chicken wings, corn on the cob, and snow peas going in the slow cooker. I’ve got parchment paper on top of the chicken to separate the veggies from the meat. That won’t be ready for about 6 hours. For now, I have a jumbo potato cooking in the oven. Should be ready soon.

I got a two-pack of French bread pizza by Stouffer’s to share with Tom earlier because I wanted to see if it made me nauseous and crampy, and it didn’t. So maybe it isn’t about grease but dairy. I don’t know what to think, but whatever it is can’t be serious. If it was my liver, I would likely have other symptoms.

The way this speech-to-text works is so awesome. I feel like I could go on and on, and I would like to, but I just don’t have anything else to say. I love how I can pause for a bit and think of what I want to say next and it still keeps running. It’s going to be great for titling, which I want to eventually do with all my LJ entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment