Sunday, May 19, 2024

Random memory popped into mind. I don’t know how old I was at the time but I had to have been pretty young. We were still in the first house I grew up in so I’m guessing I was somewhere between 10 and 12.

One day my dad said he was going to Bradley Airport to pick up a lost suitcase for a friend who recently traveled somewhere. He said I should come along with him and I did. I loved airports and seeing the planes take off and land and back then it was different. You didn’t have the kind of security you have today.

So we got to the airport and were standing around, me being the naive and even dumb kid that I was, I never thought to take note of my surroundings and ask if we were even in the baggage claim area.

He stood there calmly and patiently and I rambled on like I usually did with him since my mother wouldn’t allow it, probably about some silly nonsense like wishing I could meet celebrities or even be one myself.

Suddenly, I turned and looked away from him to find there was no lost suitcase after all. Instead, my older sister Tammy had flown in from the loser she was with at the time down in Texas for a visit. She stood there casually leaning against the wall smiling down at me.

Little did I know she would one day help make my life a living hell and therefore land a spot on my list of the top ten people I hate most. Perhaps even the top five.

No comments:

Post a Comment