Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Hurricane Helene is going to miss us, but it’s going to dump a lot of wind and rain on us. We could get up to around 50 miles per hour winds. The shitty part is that while hurricanes rarely produce thunder and lightning, this one is going to—unless it’s a storm we would have had anyway in addition to Helene. Either way, I’m going to be utterly exhausted tomorrow because it’s supposed to start at noon and go on and on for at least 12 hours, right when I’ll be trying to sleep.

Last night, I had insomnia yet again and was really warm. That’s when I realized my meds were accumulating, so I cut a bit of waiting time before coffee today. I was up for nearly 20 hours! Therefore, I’m pretty tired already. I wish to hell I could crash now, but I don’t see myself crashing until after sunup. Sure enough, though, as soon as I roll back onto days, it’ll dry up.

What amazes me is that, according to Tom, I slept through a very loud clap of thunder today. It only happened once, but he said it was so loud it scared the shit out of him. He was bringing the wind chimes into the laundry room. He also closed the clamshell, put the lemon tree in the laundry room, and pushed the trash and recycle bins into the corner between the house and lanai.

The pool and clubhouse have been closed until Friday morning, weather permitting.

Hurricane Helene was originally predicted to get up to a Category 2, but now they’re predicting it to be a Category 4. From the looks of it, Tallahassee is screwed. It’s going to blast right through there and bring a lot of flooding to Georgia.

Because the book I’m working on now is so long, I wish I’d written a little note of what happened in each chapter. Then I realized I could just have AI do it for me. It was so cool being able to drop all the chapters on it and have it give me 2-4 paragraph summaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment