Friday, September 6, 2024

Another pound bites the dust—I'm down to 157! I've hit this weight a few times since moving here, but only for brief moments. The last time I was 156 was in 2018.

I talked to Kathy, who’s now lost 40 pounds and is the same height as me. She went from 225 to fluctuating in the 180s. Her goal is to reach 155, which was her weight when she graduated high school. Wow! I was barely 100 pounds when I graduated and didn’t hit the 150s until well into my 40s, but I guess that’s the difference between generations. It seems like weight struggles are becoming more common these days.

I don’t think I’ll lose much more, and I have mixed feelings about it. Any idiot knows losing another 20 pounds would be good for my health, but the idea still scares me because of my medication. I know what happens if I have too much in my system. If the side effects were just annoying, I could deal with it, but when they’re truly torturous, it’s a different story. AI says that losing just 8 to 16 pounds at my current age and weight could mean a dosage decrease. The more I think about it, the more I wonder if my increase to 88 mcg wasn’t because my thyroid declined, but because I gained weight during menopause. I was in the high 140s when I was first diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, and by the time I was postmenopausal, I was in the low 160s.

I filled in Doc A like I do every few months and joked about her running out to visit, telling her it’s just a 2,720-mile run! I promised to have a beer ready for her since she’s posted pictures of herself enjoying one after a long run, LOL.

Toni’s SUV is back in the driveway, and the party girl is back and ready to party! I thought Saturday nights was when she did that but it looks like the visitors are already starting to pile up.

No comments:

Post a Comment