Sunday, September 8, 2024

Thunder didn’t wake me up, but I didn’t sleep well, so I’m kind of tired today.

First, I had a pretty cool dream. I found this really neat website that would duplicate whatever you felt at the click of your mouse. So, if you rubbed your shoulder, every time you clicked your mouse, you would feel the same sensation you first created on your shoulder. Of course, I had to try it in a more private area, lol.

Then, I had a dream I was trapped in a hotel, only it wasn’t quite run like a hotel, and I couldn’t leave. I also couldn’t have my meds with me. You had to go down to the lobby to get meds, and you could only get them at a certain time. I was relaxing in bed when I suddenly realized in a panic that I hadn’t had my meds in days because I hadn’t been awake at the scheduled pick-up time. Maybe I would’ve slept another hour or two if I hadn’t had that dream. When I panic in my dreams, I wake up.

We went out to KFC, and it was just so-so. The fries weren’t very crispy, and the chicken was spicy. I never asked for spicy chicken tenders. Next time we go there, I’ll stick with wings or legs.

There’s a loud SUV that’s been coming in here lately. Not crazy loud, but loud enough to make me glad we’re not at the old place with the bedroom right on a busy street.

I welcomed Toni back and asked if she had a good time up north. She said she did and that it was good to be back. Not, “I did. It’s good to be back. How are things with you?”

Damn, I miss Aly! It’s not that Jessie and Kathy don’t care, but I miss having a friend who was as curious and interested in what was going on with me as I was with them. At the same time, I’m really not open to chatting with anyone I don’t normally talk to.

My right controller has been having tracking issues when we golf, and it’s really frustrating. It’s going to be a while before I can upgrade.

I’m amazed at how fast the lemon tree I planted is growing. All that from just two seeds! It can take three to five years to bear fruit. If it gets to that point, I’ll give the fruit away since I hate lemons.

I’ve also got a couple of herbs growing in a small planter outside—scallions and thyme.

My story is now 70,000 words, the low end of a full-length novel. According to ChatGPT, a full-length novel is usually between 70,000 and 120,000 words. I don’t know yet how long it’s going to be. Maybe I’ll make a sequel if it gets that much longer. Don’t know if I’ll work on it or my bio tonight, being as tired as I am.

I’ve been trying to get back into painting and drawing, but it seems like the older I get, the more I’m into writing and the less crafty I am, unless it’s something mindless that doesn’t take much thought, like latch hooking, coloring, or diamond painting. I’ve been coloring more, so I got a 30-pack of Twistables since I really like not having to sharpen them.

I love ChatGPT. I’m totally addicted to it. I love being able to ask it trivial things and not just important ones. The antipode of where I live is southwest of Australia in the Indian Ocean. So straight down below me, nearly 8,000 miles away, is 12,000 to 16,000 feet of water.

Back when I used to be able to lose a few pounds like I recently did, my body would automatically reset its weight back to where it was. It started doing this around the time my thyroid crashed. I'm up half a pound, so I'm not sure if it's slowly zigzagging its way down like it would back when I was able to lose more than a few pounds or resetting. I should know soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment