Tuesday, September 24, 2024

A transformer blew somewhere in the neighborhood, so I guess I might as well take my iPhone and start tomorrow’s journal entry. I heard a slight bang right before the power cut out roughly an hour ago. I checked the park group and read that someone was sitting outside in the west section when they heard an explosion and saw a flash by the main entrance, so I’m guessing that’s where the problem is.

An electric company truck was out and about, and I asked the guy what was up. They were still looking at the time. I hope they found and are fixing the problem. It’s a good thing I was awake and hadn’t started the dishwasher yet, but damn, I’m getting sick of all these power failures! I wish this whole area had its wires underground so storms and transformers wouldn’t be such an issue.

I had just sat down to eat when the power went out cold. I lit a couple of the candles that Kim sent and then messaged her to tell her how grateful I was to her for sending them in the first place. The poor girl has COVID and isn’t feeling well.

Tom went to bed early, unlike last night. Last night, I was thinking to myself, my God, would you just go to bed so I can have a good cry? But I’m glad he ended up staying up late because we talked about some things, and that made me feel better. As I’ve always said, I don’t miss the days when he was out 12 hours at a time, but sometimes I just need a little alone time. I’m definitely getting it tonight, and a whole lot of boredom to go with it because there just isn’t much else I can do. My laptop does have a battery, though, so I suppose I could play some games or edit the next segment of my bio. I’m working on part 25 now and guessing that in the end, there will be somewhere between 50 and 70 parts, chapters, or whatever.

The power just came on, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment