Monday, August 24, 2026

I still can't believe my CAC score was zero. How is it that I'm the only one in my family to escape heart and artery issues? My sister was younger than me when she needed stents. The only ones who might not have had issues that I know of until they all eventually passed from strokes were my grandparents and mother. Until then, I don't think they had any problems that required stents. Then again, my grandmothers may have had strokes they survived before having fatal ones.

It could just be because I'm 60 and not in my 70s or 80s, but I still don't think I'll ever have any life-threatening issues like cancer, heart attacks, or strokes because if I'm going when he goes, I may not live long enough for that to happen. I mean, technically, I could, but I just don't see it as being in my cards to either die before he does or get hit with something that could very well kill me if I don't act ASAP.

Okay, so technically, I would die if I stopped taking my levothyroxine, but not tomorrow or the next day. It could take months or even years. I just don't see myself dying or getting anything where I'll have to really fight to survive. Instead, I'll feel like shit most of the time and be fighting for energy. Energy I was lucky to have enough of today. In fact, it was enough to get started on the second-to-last bedroom wall where we haven't added the brick-patterned sticky tiles yet. We only did a couple of columns because, believe me, that's enough for a day.

Unfortunately, I'm back to being cold despite the extra dose the other day and the selenium. Just when I was getting regular again, I'm also back to the back-and-forth irregularity. Not even the laxative I took today helped, although it can take up to a day. Hopefully, it won't decide to do its job while I'm sleeping.

Last night, I had trouble falling asleep, but I don't think I was up for 18 hours. I was up for about 45 minutes in the middle of my sleep and had to clonazepam myself back out. Damn, I wish there was a magic pill that could knock me out and keep me out without the grogginess the next day!

Did my weekly Ash therapy session, and now I'm going to do my daily check-in with Lauren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.