Tuesday, August 4, 2026

I don't know why, but my anger toward the Honker is still present. He seems to be an angrier person than me, however, so I guess his anger is still alive and very much present, probably more than mine. I'm not as angry as I have been toward some of my relatives and the Phoenix freeloaders, but I'm still pretty pissed. I tell myself, don't be. You don't have to work with him, you don't have to live attached to him, and he's only around half the year. But his presence still makes me uncomfortable. To go to someone else's country, act as if you own it, and be so unfriendly that it borders on downright rude to the locals doesn't sit well with me.

Been on losartan for a week now, and it makes me a little light-headed. Hopefully that will pass in another week or two. My blood pressure is better but not normal.

I read that high blood pressure can cause tinnitus, and I wonder if that's the reason for mine, although I'm suspecting mine is due to age. Time will tell, though. It did seem a little softer the other morning when I was up early before the planes started their daily shit.

The ophthalmologist's office called and asked if I would come in to see the doctor early, so we left 45 minutes early. The last two days I've had floaters where I see a dark, shadowy streak across the vision in one of my eyes, especially when I look upward. Good thing I'm going to an eye doctor now!

I scheduled my CAC scoring test at the imaging place in Trinity, and fortunately, they had an opening in two weeks. I love it when I can get appointments quickly because that's less schedule stress for me when it doesn't leave as much time for it to shift. I'm a little worried about my October appointment with Rhonda even though it's virtual, but this time it's too close to when I'm scheduled to get up, not when I crash.

My research suggests my CAC score could be mild but more likely in the moderate range. I think it'll be in the mid to upper mild range.

The day we placed our last Walmart delivery, their truck broke down, so since Tom was pretty much out of food, we splurged on Domino's. Forget their pizza. Forget their pastas. Their garlic parmesan bites are to die for! It turned out to be a blessing in disguise because they came the next day and nearly doubled our order for free! Not the refrigerated and frozen stuff, but they re-picked everything else. If I'd known they were going to do this, I would have stocked up on K-Cups, LOL. So we got 50 bucks' worth of free food.

Back from the doctor. The pressure is up to 26, so he switched me from the steroid/antibiotic drops to just antibiotic drops that are stronger. No, I don't have glaucoma, though, because eye pressure alone doesn't determine that, as does optic nerve damage due to the pressure.

They tested my field vision and took pictures of my eyes with a better machine that wasn't blindingly bright or required eye-dilating drops. Instead, I just had to look at a green cross against a flickering red background. Everything was fine except for the pressure. I have to return in six weeks. So I've gone from having to see this ophthalmologist every six months to three months to six weeks, and I wonder what's next- two weeks?

Anyway, we stopped at BK on the way back, and I'm just going to relax for the rest of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.