Sunday, August 23, 2026

Today I began my first weekly extra half a pill. Kind of nerve-wracking taking it, but I did it. A whole 132 mcg. The most levothyroxine I've ever swallowed at once.

I am utterly exhausted, and it's not all thyroid or CF. Last night was the second time in a row I had insomnia and was up for 18 hours. Then, an hour after crashing, I got woken up by thunder. We've been having heavy storms starting at around 9:00 this morning, and I'm so glad I got up a couple of hours before that because I'm exhausted enough. It would be harder to try to sleep through this than the storm we had a few nights ago, and it's a miracle we haven't lost power... yet.

But damn! I just can't stop things from waking me up or being up 18 or more hours so much of the time. As long as the insomnia and sleep disturbances continue on top of low thyroid and CF, I'm never going to get my energy back. I seriously feel totally doomed. This is my life now. It's been this way for years, and it's going to be this way for as long as I live. There's just no coming back from this. I'm never going to get my old energy back, no matter how many doctors I see, and no matter what changes I make or pills I take. It's 100 percent hopeless.

Anyway, as exhausted as I was, I managed to get out to Walgreens yesterday, and that perked me up a little, but today is really bad. No naps today, though, but maybe that's a good thing because that may be part of what kept me up so late the last couple of days. On days I nap or have more energy than usual, I'm more likely to have trouble falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.