Yesterday I was horribly tired, and I ended up napping twice. Today, I'm not so sure yet. I haven't been up long. I think I'm a little better, but not great.
I finally got fed up enough with all these hypo symptoms to message Rhonda. I let her know that, as nervous as I am about it, I've been cold, gaining weight, losing hair, and tired, so I'm ready to slowly add a 100-mcg pill once a week. I asked if she thinks we should do that before I go to the lab, if I should still go to the lab in a month, or later, or however she thinks it's best to proceed. I asked her to let me know through the portal, and if that wasn't possible, to leave a message instead of just calling and asking me to call back, since I can't always be available for calls.
Walking by the refrigerated section in the grocery store shouldn't be torture, and stepping out into 92° weather with 100% humidity should feel so good, lol. I hate to do it, but it's time to accept that I'm just not going to get this under control on my own, and it's time to take action. I'm not in imminent danger, but why be so uncomfortable?
Tammy turned 69 yesterday, wherever she is. I don't know if she's still in Florida. I think she's back up in Connecticut. I'll never forgive her or her kids or let any of them back into my life after what they did, because it was totally appalling. But I do sometimes wish I could run to her and cry on her shoulder about my health issues because I know that if anybody would get it, it's her.
However, as I learned many years ago, sometimes you have to separate biology from personality and accept when someone is toxic and not good for you. In fact, I created a meme using AI for my Facebook cover photo saying, "Sometimes we have to cut ties with friends and family not because we stopped loving them, but because of their toxic behavior," and I hope they somehow see it, even if I've got them all permanently blocked. Andy will likely see it at some point.
I have zero tolerance for those who lie or intentionally try to spite me in a way that can cause any kind of physical, emotional, or financial harm. I used to forgive and forget, but that was the wrong way to go because you're just asking to get screwed over again and again each time you do. Even though people love to preach forgiveness, I can see why most people are as unforgiving as they are. It's about self-preservation.
As exhausted as I was, we went out to Publix in search of two-for-one deals, and I got beer-battered shrimp that is to die for. I also stupidly got a large piece of chocolate cake that made me a little nauseous for a while. It's worth it to indulge now and then, but I definitely have to be careful, especially with a metabolism slower than molasses. I still don't want to become diabetic either.
While we were there, I got a medium-sized jasmine patchouli candle that smells great.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.