Saturday, August 1, 2026

Haven't been able to write because I had my sleep trashed three nights in a row. Between storms, power failures, allergies, and CPAP issues, I've been really fatigued, but what else is new? There's always something waking me up.

The summer is going by too fast. They fly by compared to the winters.

I slept better last night, although it wasn't without being woken up as usual. First I had mouth farts, which means I need to dial the pressure back down. That sucks too, because I was doing so well. But I'm going to drop it from 9.0 to 8.8.

Then the device I play my nature sounds on started hissing with static, and I had to switch it with one in the other room.

Amazon Haul isn't as good as Temu, but instead of saving up to do a fun Temu order, maybe I'll just raid Haul.

Yesterday I got a bunch of cute nail files with different designs on them. They're a little short, but there are lots of them. Then I used one of the hydrating socks I got. They're all in different scents, with orange being the only one I'm not going to care much for. I have my new Trilogy candle burning right now. The top layer is Melon Blossom and smells great. The next layer is Palo Santo, and then Coastal Sunset. I'm loving the new coloring books I got, too. It's a very unique way to color! They take longer to do than you think.

I restarted Nasacort, and so far it seems to be helping my nose, which got a little stuffy. I said it had been six months since surgery, but it's actually been five. I don't know how much was due to allergies or scar tissue swelling, but I'm back on it for now.

Since I'm going to see a pulmonologist about my CPAP, I might as well ask him if I really do have a failing Schamroth test or not. Might as well put him to use, you know? Besides, even though the shortness of breath comes and goes, and even though I might not treat it, if something's going on with my lungs, I'd like to know what it is.

Two nights ago I had a dream that Eileen died. I messaged her and asked if everything was okay because I had an unpleasant dream about her. She replied saying she lost her husband of 50 years. Poor thing. I feel really bad for her, but not as bad as I feel for Becky because Becky is so much younger. Becky isn't even 60 yet, and Eileen is well into her 70s.

It's been storming, sometimes three to four times in a 24-hour period. So it's definitely been a wetter summer, and it's predicted to be a wetter winter as well, just not with as much thunder to wake me up. When it's coming down hard enough, I sometimes hold my bamboo plant out in the rain. This cleans any dust off of it. The money tree is sitting next to the lemon tree and still surviving, but I can't say if it's going to make it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.