I'm about halfway through the challenge with plenty of days to spare, but no less frustrated with the distortion I've been encountering. I'm lucky if I can get five miles before it hits me. The Italy ride is absolutely stunning! It's in the northern part of the country where the mountains are humongous, and you zigzag up one side and down the other. The views are breathtaking.
We watched some amazing videos of robots racing and participating in other sporting events in China and, as Tom said, it's kind of sad, but we're becoming a second-class country and not being the first to invent serious technological advances. Because the damn country is run by so many old people who want it to be like it was over 50 years ago, we just can't get ahead, and it's holding back and even hurting so many people. Young people today have it the worst. Before you were practically 20 years old, back when Tom and I were young, you got your own place. Now, no one can afford to do that, whether it's a house or an apartment. Until the people really push back like they eventually did in places like Cuba, things aren't going to change here. But sadly for us, I don't think AI will take over most jobs, and the government will become responsible for supplying people with a basic income, and that money, for the most part, will become meaningless until we're long gone.
He and I haven't been exactly doing well when it comes to eating healthy. I still eat healthy; the problem is I've been having too much junk along with it lately. We went out to Walgreens to pick up my near-worthless eye drops and splurged on some candy. I also got a four-wick candle that was on sale for $5 in a lovely textured lavender-colored bowl that I'll probably keep. The scent is called White Suede, but it's not very strong.
Also, as far as unhealthy eating goes, I saw a recipe for Lazy Mashed Potatoes on Walmart that I couldn't pass up. You bring heavy cream and butter to a boil and add crushed potato chips, and OMG! They're so damn good. I made us each a serving earlier.
I'm wondering how hypo I am at the moment and a little concerned about my weight because even on days I don't eat as much, I'm struggling to keep it down. The thing is, it's not all fat gain. In fact, I doubt any of it is fat, but water instead. Lately, I've noticed I've felt watery, and also, my mask is leaving lines on my face, which it never used to do in the past. This is a sign of water retention. It's a classic symptom of hypothyroidism too, but I don't remember being this bad while I'm hypo. And just how hypo am I? For me to be this watery makes me think it's getting worse, but I'm not scheduled for the next extra dose until Sunday. Plus, it takes time with this medication. Anyway, I think the water is connected to that, but research says you can have heart issues even with clear arteries, so hopefully it's not that. I just really hope to hell I can get it under control soon, even though I'm skeptical of the new Endo I'll be seeing next month.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.