Thursday, August 6, 2026

I came up with an intermittent fasting idea that shouldn't stunt my metabolism even more: alternating 4s. Say I get up at 5:00 a.m. I can't eat until 6:00, but I can eat in the 4-hour window between 6:00 and 10:00. Then I can't eat between 10:00 and 2:00. Then I can eat between 2:00 and 6:00, and that's it for the day. I don't think I can lose weight either way, but I have a better chance of preventing additional weight gain till we get my TSH better. Ugh, though! What if this keeps happening every few years and eventually not even the highest dose of levo is enough for me?

Did some dusting, and then Tom and I played a round of golf. The new VZ challenge should come out tomorrow. Well, that's what they said. Lately they haven't been very good at keeping their word.

Yesterday we had a thunderstorm, and there were a couple of insanely loud thunderclaps. I was glad to be awake when it happened.

The Grammarly project is a bust, at least the way I've been going about it. It's missing an astonishing number of errors, even if they're not major ones. I could leave all the journals alone, and they're still perfectly readable. Anyone with less than half a brain could figure out what I'm saying. It's just that I'm so picky. I wish I wasn't, but I am. Grammarly simply can't handle correcting 20-plus pages in one shot. Plus, they're never going to be perfect. Either way, it's better if I only do a few pages at a time. So I'm going to correct them a day at a time rather than a month at a time and then have Gemini give me a second opinion, so to speak, by telling me if it spots any errors. So between my own eyes, Grammarly, and AI, I'll get the entries as good as they're going to get. They are, after all, only journals.

Tom and I sometimes wonder how certain things would have turned out if things had gone a different way or we had chosen a different path. I asked him if he thought the freeloaders would have come at me again if we had stayed in Arizona. He surprised me a bit. I thought he would say "no" or "I don't know," but instead he confidently said, "Yep." I totally, totally agree with him. They were obsessed with me. I was never kidding when I said they would have literally died for me if that's what it took to really screw me over, all in the name of hate. Arizona, like many places these days, doesn't give a shit about you if you're white, and automatically takes the word of non-whites over whites. And God help you if you're Jewish or gay, of course. Yeah, reverse discrimination continues to be alive and well, even if most people don't want to see it. The only question is how and what they would have done. I'm sure their little piggy pal would have been very happy to help, whatever it would have been.

Oh, don't get me wrong. They wouldn't have succeeded a second time around. I never would have played into their hands and dignified any little court calls with an appearance. I'll always wonder, though, if the only way to have truly broken free of them would have been for one side to cease to exist, and I'm so damn glad I'll never have to find out! We definitely did the right thing by getting the hell out of there for the sake of our safety, not to mention the dangers of the Mexican drug cartel running more and more rampant in that area. I felt like a total sitting duck. However, it does kind of surprise me that we were there for almost a year after the probation ended and nothing happened. They might have been getting ready to make a move, perhaps biding their time to make it look less obvious if they were planning on screwing me the illegal way versus the twisted "legal" way. Again, I'm so glad we'll never find out what would have come next! Screwing me and getting away with it the first time around definitely would have gone to their heads. They played the race card, and they knew that they could always count on that in the future, too, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.