Only slept 4.5 hours, and it's a wonder I'm not incredibly tired. Maybe less really is better. Of course, it wasn't without things waking me up along the way, as usual. CPAP pressure may be too high; I had a foot cramp at one point, and then the grand finale was a thunderstorm. I was so damn tired yesterday that I fell asleep earlier than expected. In fact, I was only up for 15 hours. I'm guessing today I'll go back to being up for 18 hours. I didn't take anything before or during my sleep yesterday, and I wonder if that, along with not being up for 18 hours, is what's given me more energy today. I don't expect it to last, though. It never does.
Even though I don't need as much sleep as I used to, it's still exhausting to be woken up by something or another multiple times during my sleep almost every time I sleep. And when I'm not, I sometimes wake up for no apparent reason. Then there's having trouble falling asleep to begin with, but I'm starting to think that struggling to fall asleep before being up 18 hours isn't necessarily what my body considers a problem, but my new normal. I just wish it didn't leave me tired the following day. We'll see what happens next time around. I'm going to try to avoid taking anything and track how I feel. Expecting storms to wake me up again today since I'm still on nights.
Today was my second week of taking an extra half a levo. My heart took off booming for a while, but I'm pretty sure it's because I stupidly slammed on tons of sugar that I'm not used to and that my body can't handle anymore. For the most part, I avoid sugar for the sake of my A1C, but I decided to splurge on some Nestlé Toll House chocolate chip cookies. I baked a dozen cookies and ate almost the entire batch! They were so good! So between that and the wine I had, even though it had a low ABV, my heart took off galloping for a while. I even took half a clonazepam to help calm it down. My HR went over 110.
Can't wait to settle my curiosity and ask my pulmonologist if I really do have early clubbing. I've been watching this for changes and testing myself periodically because I don't know if my nails have always been like this or if it's a new thing I've been slowly developing. I have definitely noticed some degree of nail shape changes over the last year or two. It's probably just age because I don't have the symptoms of any kind of serious lung or heart disease, but it is still weird. Especially since the gaps between all my fingers except for my thumbs do seem to be narrowing even more. The diamond-shaped window you're supposed to have when doing the test is almost completely obliterated between my index fingers.
Plus, I do still have occasional shortness of breath. So there's a part of me that's curious, especially if anything is going on that could affect my energy levels that might be fixable or at least treatable, but then there's the other part of me that doesn't want to invite more appointments and having to go for X-rays, breathing tests, and possible blood work.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.