Saturday, July 27, 2024

I'm so glad my husband is a genius! I always knew there were likely multiple culprits stealing my energy, but he may have a point when he mentions not only sugar but additives in food being part of my problem. It does seem whenever I eat less healthy, I'm more tired. During those few weeks when I was determined to eat healthier, I had more energy. So now, I'm going to make sure to read the ingredients on everything. I read that it can take a few days to bounce back too, which is why I was tired for a few days. No wonder I was so damn tired in the hotels! It's definitely not as convenient to eat healthy when you're on vacation or moving.

I think a new list on Walmart’s site is in order, where I weed out all the frozen dinners and crap like that. Fortunately for me, I was raised the opposite of Tom, and I do prefer healthier stuff anyway. All he's ever known is junk food, so he can't imagine it any other way. Unfortunately, he'll probably never lose weight because of it, but that's just the way it is.

I swapped messages with Jessie and Kathy and I've been enjoying latch-hooking with my new colorful yarn. This yarn is thinner than the other yarn I was working with to make the heart rug but still looks good. It's actually easier to work with. The mesh isn't as big as I thought it would be, but it's also much easier to work with. It's something like 16x16 inches, and the way they folded it left distinct quadrants, each of which I'm going to do with a different color yarn. Each skein has multiple colors, actually.

I only remember a couple of quick dreams last night. Termite Tammy was telling me that Dad got his own apartment in Georgia for a while during the decade I wasn't talking to them because he finally got fed up with Mom's shit. Then she said she was mistaken by saying it was in Georgia. He supposedly moved to a town called Syria in northern Florida that doesn't exist in real life.

In another dream, Tom and I were lying in bed in a two-story house and I was asking him what those strange bumps and bangs were we were hearing because it reminded me of living attached to others. Then I got up and started sorting rocks on the floor of the upper hallway that wrapped around the staircase leading downward.

No comments:

Post a Comment