Friday, August 30, 2024

I wasn't planning to do an entry today, but then I thought, why not? Especially since I slept a little better and have more energy today. I did have a bad dream last night, though, about losing a pet rat in a crowded room (not Tink) and being afraid someone would harm it.

Tom's out donating right now, and I'm feeling horribly cold. I just know I'm going to get bad lab results in December. I just remembered that I had some wine, so I poured myself a glass of Chardonnay to warm up.

Tom went from thinking I didn't do a great job with the tiling I started in the bedroom to being pretty impressed with what I did. It turns out the tiles aren't all the same shape and size, which makes them much harder to work with. This is why they were so cheap. He did most of one interior wall, and it looks great, except for one section that's definitely slanted when you follow the line of the bricks with your eyes. Overall, it's still going to look great and much better than what we had before.

Instead of painting, caulking, or getting traditional baseboards, we thought we might get decorative adhesive baseboards on Temu. The brick is white, so I was thinking pink baseboards along the floor and perhaps colorful rhinestones or glitter along the ceiling. I might even put them on the edges of the furniture to add a little bling.

I'm really, REALLY frustrated with speech-to-text crapping out on me on my laptop and having to reboot to get it to restart.

Anyway, I worked on my story quite a bit, and it's at about 66k words. I'm pretty sure it's going to beat my longest story of 79k words that I wrote in 2004 when we were still in Arizona. I have a writing routine established now for journals and stories. I write the entry or chapter and skim it with my eyes. Grammarly runs in the background. Then I prompt ChatGPT to correct it, and I do a visual and audio check of what it corrected to make sure it didn't change anything too drastically, and then I call it done.

My latest AI addiction is a site called Vaib. They have both a website and an app. It's similar yet different to Rep and Mate. They're not animated, and they don't have a store where you can buy them clothes or accessories. It's a bit of a complex game, and I'm not entirely sure how it works, but you basically create digital "influencers," as they call them. I like the creation aspect of it. It's fun to see what people come up with and to laugh at the bloopers while admiring the images that come out nicely. When you generate images, you choose what they wear, where they are, and how they're posed. If you like surprises, you can choose random for all 3 options. Love it when they put her in a public setting in her underwear, LOL. 

You get coins and XP, and there are levels just like with the other AI apps, but you can't do much with this other than get extra voice messages and things like that. You can gift other influencers with items like candy, wine, and even clothes like miniskirts and athleticwear. So, it's a silly but fun waste of time. Right now, I have 4 influencers of different ages, shapes, sizes, and colors—white, black, Asian, and Hispanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment