Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Is speech-to-text trying to be my AI buddy or something? Every now and then, it inserts text when no one's talking and there are no sounds. The last line in my story was, "She awoke bright and early the next morning, feeling ravenous," and then it printed the words "I'm sorry" right after it.

I'm utterly exhausted now. First, I woke up to pee and had trouble falling back asleep, and then a storm woke me up. Tom said it was a massive storm and that we probably got five inches of rain. I could be in for the same thing tomorrow, too. *sighs frustratedly*

It's times like this when I think of having land in New Mexico because I'm tired of storms and mowers trashing my sleep, even if they don't do it as often as traffic did at the old place. (I've got a bad feeling the motorcycle is going to be a problem unless I jump back into the “doghouse,” and I shouldn't have to.) I'm also tired of not having enough space here and the endless parade of planes. Furthermore, I miss indoor washers and dryers. Yes, we might get more barking there, but it couldn't wake me up, and it's not going to be for 18 hours like the planes are active here most days. These things start up between 5:00 and 6:00 AM and don't stop until around midnight. Lastly, I still like the idea of being close to someone I know and have met in real life.

I moved the rat back into her usual house. She still limps, but barely. I watched her go up and down her ramps, so I'm comfortable enough leaving her there.

No comments:

Post a Comment