Friday, August 9, 2024

Yay! Tom’s lab results are great! His TSH is 3.25 (lucky guy), and his cholesterol is low, though it has always been low. His glucose is 84, and he said he can't remember it ever being that low. His A1C has dropped from 6.2 to 5.8, which surprised me. While it’s an improvement, it’s still considered pre-diabetic; I thought the pre-diabetic range was 6.0 to 6.4, but it’s actually 5.7 to 6.4. So, he’s still slightly pre-diabetic. This gives me hope that if cutting back on sugar could drop him four points, it could bring me into the normal range since I was at 6.0. Genetics could still eventually work against us, but this gives me hope for the immediate future.

There’s no way my cholesterol will be even close to good, but hopefully, my TSH won't be too out of whack. I'm going to try my best to get it into the single digits, but I won't increase the vitamins until it gets closer to my lab appointment.

Even though I'll never lose weight, and I doubt Tom will either, going keto is definitely the smart thing to do. It’s much healthier. Yes, most sugary snacks do taste better than sugar-free ones, but there are still plenty of yummy sugar-free options. The cookie dough fat bombs I made were so good that Tom only let himself have one because he knew he’d get carried away, lol. They’re very sweet and rich-tasting. The brown sugar substitute called Swerve is amazing—it looks, tastes, and smells like the real thing!

The next thing I’m going to try is making my own cheese crackers. I got ultra-thin Sargento cheddar cheese, and after cutting each slice into fours, I'm going to lay them out on parchment paper and bake them at 250° for 45 minutes. It says to check every 5 minutes, and I will because we do have a bit of a kick-ass oven.

I can’t take Zyrtec anymore. It makes me sleep too long and leaves me groggy and hungover the next day. I’m still a little fuzzy-brained, and I got up at 7:30 p.m. I’m going to have to use the spray, but only when the congestion gets bad. I just hope that if we ever move, I don’t have epic sneezing fits wherever we go.

I’m still not sure if there are any foods that leave me tired the next day, but I spotted an entry of mine from 2015 that mentioned feeling perkier since cutting back on carbs. I had good energy yesterday and the day before, but I also took ibuprofen before bed, and I wonder if that’s why I slept sounder.

Yesterday’s glass of wine made my heart race. I don’t know why, but it does this every now and then. Maybe I sipped it too quickly. I probably won’t have any tonight.

I began watching FBI and like it even if there’s too much of America’s favorite subject. It’s by the same producer, Dick Wolf, who produced Law & Order.

The Muslim guy with a leading role was quoted as saying he wants to show the world that Muslims and Arabs aren’t bad.

LOL, yeah, tell that to the Israelis.

I might watch PD True as well.

I was about to edit and post this but then I ended up taking a 90-minute nap. I don’t know why, but it’s been a wonderfully plane-free night since I first got up early in the evening. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever gone that long without hearing something flying up there. Ironically, it comes after yet another complaint to the FAA, but I don’t think it’s connected to that—people just don’t care.

No comments:

Post a Comment