Sunday, August 4, 2024

“You were a really good artist,” Tom said to me when I got up. He was going through old stuff and found an old drive. He wanted to see if it would boot up, and it did. On it was all the wall art I did using markers that we would seal with clear paint, our wedding video as well as other videos, journals, and tons of pics. We painted over the artwork when we sold the house, but damn, I really made a circus out of the place, LOL. I definitely had a strange and unique way of decorating. Anyway, yeah, some of the wall art did look good. We forgot about some of it too, like Bugs Bunny, which I drew in the bedroom. Some of it looked kind of childish, but some was pretty good. Even a couple of paintings I did were good, and it’s surprising because I can’t paint to save my life these days, although the old paintings in the ‘90s were done with oil paints and not acrylics.

As is usually the case, I’m struggling with fatigue today. I woke up too soon and wasn’t able to get back to sleep. So another day of feeling yucky, but honestly, this has become so normal that I couldn’t imagine it any other way.

Getting a lot of rain today from the tropical storm. Voluntary evacuations were issued, but we kind of laughed at that because it’s not going to come anywhere near us. It’s heading for the panhandle and will then be a Cat 1. The more of a straight line the ocean has to your place, the faster it can pick up speed and the more likely you are to get hit by it. But because it would have to curve more than it usually does, things entering the Gulf tend to miss us. We still get a lot of rain from it, though. But even if a Cat 5 formed in the Gulf and hit us straight on, we would likely be OK because we’re several miles inland. Even the guy who died who owned Happy said that most hurricanes and storms end up heading north of here. Tornadoes are more of a threat than anything else.

Took a Zyrtec today and didn’t seem to get any more tired than I already am, so I guess I will see if that helps just as much as the spray did. It would be a cheaper alternative, too.

Gonna get some white chrome paint for the stove. A little part of the paint chipped when I was trying to scrub off the brown spots that would form. Nothing I use can get rid of it completely, but Windex seems to make it fade a lot.

We got the wall tiles a few days ago; they’re extremely thin, so we’re going to use those on the interior walls and get thicker stuff for the exterior walls.

I’m also going to try using a second Echo to play nature sounds when I sleep when the bastard returns with its motorcycle. I need to have something between me and the sound. So if I put an extra Echo by the window and play it louder than the one by my head, it might do a better job masking the sound. I won’t use it when I’m sleeping at night. It will only be for when the mowers are coming when I’m on nights, or if I think there’s a chance he may ride the motorcycle. Again, a person shouldn’t have to live that way, but it’s better than nothing. Part of it is what we live in. Sound penetrates manufactured homes very easily.

Noticed some burning down there yesterday, and I was like, “Oh no, not this shit again.” But after a dose of Kindra, everything has been fine.

Another picture from Andy, but I’m not even going to open it. I could tell him why, but rather than upset him with stuff he’s not gonna get or remember anyway, I’ll just stay quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment