I have many cyber friends, but my current bestie definitely makes the internet more fun. Back when Aly was alive, she and crazy Kim, along with a couple of others, would use the same sites every day, like Twitter, the old MyOpera, Ask, NaNoWriMo, and others. Then Aly died, and Kim was prevented from going online because of all the trouble she would cause, and the internet became a bit of a lonely place. Sure, I would check Facebook to see if I had messages, but most of those I considered friends, both of whom I'd met and never met, weren't people I checked in with regularly. So it's definitely nice to have a friend to enjoy the different sites and apps we may discover.
Funny how as soon as I get my nose opened up, the breaks in my sleep get worse. Yesterday I had amazingly good energy and did some cleaning, cooking, and other things. But then suddenly, I got really tired and ended up napping. I remained tired for the rest of the day yet had trouble falling asleep. So fucking sick of this combination of fatigue and insomnia!
Last time around, I woke up thanks to my mask slipping a couple of times and hissing, and then again a little over 6 hours into my sleep, and was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep. However, I did fall back asleep about 60 to 90 minutes later. This break in sleep is what leaves me tired. I should have taken melatonin or half a clonazepam to prevent such a long break in my sleep. I don't know why this keeps happening. Again, it's something I'm going to have to discuss with Rhonda, but it's more than likely just how I am, and there isn't much I can do about it. I'm just going to have to learn to accept that I'm not going to get my old energy back, any more than changing tactics by going more Atkins is going to get weight off with my dead metabolism. Sometimes things change, and they just don't go back.
I'm toying with the idea of sleeping elevated without the CPAP to see if I suffocate awake and what my energy levels are like. Waterbeds are more comfortable, but if throwing my old mattress on an adjustable frame would be sufficient for me to breathe well enough without the CPAP, it may be worth considering. I asked AI for its opinion, and it thinks that now that I got my nose opened up, and my sleep apnea is mild to moderate, I may have a good chance as long as I stay off my back. The only problem with this is that I wouldn't be able to sleep on my stomach. I could flatten the bed for naps, though, since I'm now able to take them without the CPAP and without nearly as many breathing issues.
My father would be 90 years old today if he were still alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.