Tuesday, April 7, 2026

On the way to get my crown done and my first taste of laughing gas. It's raining out and surprisingly cool, but a nice change from the usual warm sun. Yesterday and the day before, my eyes weren't too bad, but now they're back to being watery, and I have a headache as well. I'll have to let the dentist know I've had drainage issues since surgery. Didn't want to take ibuprofen in case it somehow interacts with the gas, though I doubt it would. I brought it with me, so I'll ask when I get there if I can take it then. Meanwhile, I definitely need to call my glaucoma doctor.

Later… nitrous oxide rocks! I even tolerated novocaine with it. I can see where carbocaine is better for simple fills, but novocaine is better for big jobs like pulls and crowns. 

A beautiful woman who sort of reminds me of Officer P assisted the dentist. As with anything I'm having for the first time around, I was a little nervous about the gas, but it was great and even helped with the jittery effects of the novocaine. She first got me set up in the chair and started me with just plain oxygen. I knew when she switched on the gas because she not only said so, but there was a mild odor. It was a lot like having a little too much wine, lol. She asked if I wanted my filling done at the same time, which was nice, even though that turned $500 into $600.

Then she took an impression of the tooth, and the dentist jumped in and numbed me. Luckily, I didn't know right when she was going to shoot me, but it didn't hurt like when she pulled the back tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.