Omg, somebody's got to slap some serious sense into me! I'm making myself hypo as hell, and after 12 years on this drug, you would think I would have learned by now what not to do. Instead, I get stuck on stupid and take supplements I shouldn't be taking and eat foods I shouldn't be eating within the four-hour window. As if that isn't bad enough, I finally decided to ask two different AI models if there really is a difference between waiting 30 minutes versus 60 minutes before food and drink, and there definitely is. An hour is better, and so is consistency instead of bouncing back and forth between a half hour and an hour like I was doing.
The real problem is that there's such a fine line between helpful and
hurtful. If I'm not careful, then I go from cold and fatigued to having a hard
time staying asleep, anxiety, and feeling like I'm on fire.
Giving in to my thirst for knowledge, I read more about not treating a lack
of thyroid, and this disease does have a high mortality rate without treatment.
It's usually months to years, but I can't believe I would survive beyond a year
or even 6 months if I suddenly stopped the medication, not that I ever would.
So all those times I noticed fluctuations were probably me doing something
stupid.
I'm going to try a little intermittent fasting of sorts and let myself have
coffee an hour after I've gotten up and taken my pill, but no eating or taking
any other pills/supplements until 4 hours after med. At least it's simple
enough to lower my levels when I start having side effects, and I will have to
do this periodically. I just prefer not to have to do it close to lab time.
Last night I was thinking about how one doesn't necessarily have to gain
weight for their sleep apnea to get worse, since I gained very little weight,
if any at all, between the time I went from 5.7 to 14. Then I get up this evening
to find my AHI score at 24! Just when I started freaking out, Tom pulled up the
report, and it was instant relief when he said it was actually 3.5 when it last
updated at 4:00. I remembered that not only does sleep split over these times
throw off your score, but laying there dozing on and off like I did the last
couple of hours of my sleep can also raise the score. If you yawn or take a
deep breath or cough or clear your throat or something like that, it thinks
it's an event.
I still worry about it getting worse regardless because I can't increase the
pressure, and I can't get a mouth guard, and I don't want to have to have
surgery again for the Inspire that may end up being the nightmare Tom thinks it
would be.
The only good in being hypo right now is that I sleep longer when I'm hypo,
and that will help make it easier for my eye appointment, which could otherwise
be a really long day.
My eyes are still oozy, but not as bad as right after surgery. Really
looking forward to finding out exactly what's going on, but hoping to hell it's
not going to spawn more appointments. I'm so sick of all the health issues and
having so many appointments! I also try to keep as many as possible out of
storm season.
Meanwhile, I get to enjoy a night of being cold and tired thanks to my
stupidity.
Waiting for my daily jaw pain to set in. It's the weirdest thing, but I've
been getting pain a few teeth away from the one they worked on every day, and I
don't remember having this much irritation after getting a crown. I can't even
bite down on it gently with soft food, so I hope nothing's wrong.
Decided to turn The Hospital Diaries into a short story. I just ran out of
patience with it, so I'm editing it now.
Shortly before 7:30 AM, I heard some bumps and bangs, and thought Ray was
doing something in back of his place, but when Tom went out, he saw all his car
doors and trunk were open. He left shortly after, so I guess he didn't sell his
house yet. I didn't really think he did. The housing market has been horrible,
and there doesn't seem to be any change in sight with inflation continuing to
be out of control.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.