Slept absolutely shitty as fuck, and I don't feel any better than I did
before surgery. I swear there's a curse on my sleep! I woke up with breathing
issues, but it had nothing to do with my nose. My nose is still much more open
and clearer. I've just been short of breath the last couple of days, and I
don't know why. All I know is I just can't win, no matter what I do. As soon as
I fix one problem that has been messing with my sleep, I get a whole new one.
Despite gaining a few pounds, I just can't believe there's anything wrong with
my heart. My legs, ankles, and feet aren't swollen. I had mild chest achiness
yesterday, but nothing we all don't have from time to time. Part of me wonders
if my thyroid is dying off some more. Worse would be if my sleep apnea is
worsening. I'm still not sure what the fuck to do next. Do I go with a hard-side
waterbed, or do I get a frame to throw under my old mattress and sleep
elevated?
I chatted with Tom and got his opinion on the matter when we both agreed to
start by testing how I do elevated, but without the CPAP. I changed my Fitbit
clock face to one that measures oxygen better, although sometimes I’ve felt
short of breath, measured my oxygen, and it was great at 99%. I'm just tired of
the growing sleep limitations! If I sleep elevated, I can't use the CPAP
because I lose air through my mouth that way. I can't sleep on my back with or
without it, and now I can't seem to handle sleeping on my
stomach anymore, but that may be because this waterbed is way too plush now.
When I slept elevated after surgery, my nose was totally blocked, and I had no
choice but to do all my breathing through my mouth. I don't remember having any
problems sleeping that way, so it will be interesting to see how I sleep being
able to breathe out of both my nose and mouth. If I had to sleep elevated for
the rest of my life, that would be annoying enough. The last thing I would want
to do on top of that is have to tape or pinch my nose shut. The problem with
sleeping flat is that while I can use the CPAP that way as long as I stay off
my back, it's too tempting to flip onto my stomach. With or without the CPAP,
elevated or not, for now, I'm restricted to my sides only.
I thought about what the pulmonologist we saw that we didn't like said about
how he didn't have asthma, yet as soon as he came here, he had lung tightness,
so there's one possibility. Another possibility is acid reflux and my hiatal
hernia, but I don’t know.
I'm reorganizing my books on PB, but decided to keep that site as a backup, so that means I'm mostly private there. Not sure what to do about Blogger. As far as making monthly backups on LJ, I don't know. That's going to depend on whether it remains sluggish or shuts down. I'll still share on FB with my favorite readers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.