Wednesday, April 22, 2026

I hope Tom's right when he says he doubts my tooth is infected because the pain wouldn't come and go if it were. It definitely does seem to be connected to eating and drinking. I woke up fine, but as soon as I had that coffee, the irritation flared up. So hopefully it's just that the crown hasn't been seated well. The 28th can't come fast enough!

Met with Leticia online yesterday, and as usual, it was a fucking foreigner, and I struggled to understand her damn accent. Selling shoes is one thing, but working with one's health is another, which means it's all the more important that patients understand what health workers are saying. The medical board really needs to do something to get these people into speech therapy to Americanize their accents if they're going to treat the American people. This is fucking ridiculous. I shouldn't have to struggle with this shit this often.

She had one of those fake backgrounds that was obvious whenever she would move around more, to hide her background. She used a beautiful beach scene. I don't understand why people feel the need to do this. How is a few feet of wall space behind them going to supposedly identify their house and their exact location? So what if people see a bookcase behind you or just a wall, or even a kitchen countertop?

Anyway, the meeting wasn't beneficial in any way. We simply went over my medication, living condition, symptoms, etc. I didn't learn anything that I don't already know, but it's going to give me more points for more free stuff, so I was all for it. I just wish I could understand more of these people!

We've been having unusually dry weather here, which is making it feel almost like we're back out west because we're having bigger fluctuations in temperatures between night and day than is typical for dry climates. It's getting down to just 58° this morning! Florida shouldn't be in the 50s in April. There have been red flag warnings due to wildfires. Who would have thought such a thing would occur here? But even Florida gets droughts. At least storms aren't adding to my sleep issues…for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.