Back from Spring Hill with a full belly and a good mood. Things went well at the dentist! She removed the temp surprisingly fast. The only part that hurt for a few seconds was the cement hitting the nerve. The assistant placed the permanent crown on after removing the temp and then took an X-ray to make sure it was sealed properly. The dentist has to be the one to cement it, so we waited for her. It took longer for her to finish up with her last patient than it did for her assistant to pull off the temp and get the X-ray. She even took an X-ray after the permanent crown was placed. Turns out all the sensitivity I had was normal after all, even though I don't remember having that degree of discomfort with a crown. But as I'm learning the hard way, any work done on the back bottom teeth is a killer. Even though there's to be a degree of irritation for a while, it already feels so much better! The tooth itself feels so nice and smooth when I run my tongue over it, and not coarse as the temp did. I wish all my teeth were crowns—not that you can't get cavities beneath them if you're not careful.
The dentist was so funny
when she first entered the room because she got new glasses, and everyone was
calling them Jeffrey Dahmer glasses. LOL, as soon as she mentioned that, I
definitely agreed because he did wear brown aviator glasses.
Anyway, the crown is
warrantied for a year and should last 5 to 7 years. Hopefully, I'll be well on
Medicare by then. So glad this is over and that I wasn't infected after all!
We went over to the Chinese
place when I was done and ordered pork fried rice and a pu-pu platter.
Because I had to wait an hour after getting the crown cemented, I didn't eat as
soon as we got home. The food is delicious, and I still have plenty left over!
I got chicken wings, spareribs, beef on a stick, shrimp, fried cream cheese
wontons, and egg rolls. I also grabbed a couple of K-cups while at the dentist,
LOL—green tea and hot cocoa.
Anyway, I'm in such a happy,
relaxed mood now, and now all I have to do is hope there's a quick and simple
solution to my watery eyes when I see the glaucoma doctor in 13 days.
I definitely want to get
back on with my creative writing as I roll on to nights, but I'm not sure what
writing project I want to take on next.
Tonight I'm going to conduct
an experiment I expect to be a bust. Because I've got time before my next
appointment, I thought I would turn up the pressure on the CPAP because I want
to see just how often I have mouth farts. So I expect to be exhausted tomorrow
because I'll probably end up removing the CPAP in the middle of my sleep and
trading in the mouth farts for snorts. I just want to see how bad it is,
though.
I’ve got to choose the subs
for our Walmart order, which is locked in for tomorrow, and soon I will be
slowly easing my way back onto what will mostly be an Atkins diet. As always in
my case, I don't expect to lose much more than a few pounds, but if it will
make it harder for me to put on more, why not? Besides, I didn't seem to be as
hungry when eating more protein. I'm just not a pasta kind of person, and carbs
tend to make me tired. I'm a meat, veggies, and fruit girl.
Slept okay last night, but
my AHI score is up again at 5.3. While that isn't too bad, I wonder why. I
vaguely remember my nose being a little stuffy, but not in the way it was
before surgery.
Anyway, after 3 or 4 days of decent energy, I'm expecting to be tired tomorrow, but then I'll turn the pressure back down and catch up—well, until I start sleeping in more. Sure enough, as I start sleeping during the daytime, the storms will be back. How it is I managed to dodge the last roll onto nights without them—or at least the threat of them—was pretty miraculous, but it looks like things will be back to normal soon enough as far as that goes.
Anyway, I'm going to spend
the rest of the day playing with my exercise ball, VR, movies, and just
relaxing, doing the usual. I'll probably color while I listen to my audiobook,
too.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.