Wednesday, April 29, 2026

The breakage curse lives on! Tom is out picking up my prescription, which I was too tired to accompany him to get, so I figured I would catch up on some blogging. They say things happen in threes, so hopefully, between the refrigerator, then the toilet, and now his old Google Pixel phone crapping out, this will be it for a while. Luckily, we hadn't turned in my old Android or iPhone for recycling, so he was able to transfer to the iPhone since it's faster than the Android. He'll still eventually get a new Android because iPhones suck. It's just a question of when. There have been nothing but delays! This is exactly why I decided to drop the rest of the upgrades, forget about aesthetics, and just focus on functionality, because there’s simply no getting ahead.

While I was able to dodge storms or the threat of them by some miracle the last time I was on nights, it looks like things are going to be back to normal next time I'm on nights. I'm slowly rolling onto nights, staying up to just past midnight. In a few days, there are going to be storms, as well as shortly before my appointment, as is usually the case. I almost always have to deal with storms before appointments, which is part of why I try to keep most appointments during the dry season. However, we do have some storms during the drier times.

There is some good news, and that's that I can now handle higher pressure settings! Unless last night was a one-off and just a fluke, it seems that the reason I was having so many mouth farts was due to my swollen nasal turbinates. I guess that now that there isn't so much resistance, it doesn't have to increase the pressure as much. When I first checked the max pressure for last night, and it said 7.8, I first thought I forgot to save the settings I tweaked because after having it set on 8 for a while, 7.8 is where it would usually max out. So in some ways, my sleep apnea is better, not worse. Still can't sleep without a CPAP, though, since the closures occur in my throat and I'll just have the snorties if I do. I would at least have to sleep elevated for sure, and I would rather not do that.

I'm still tired today, but for different reasons. I don't regret splurging on all the Chinese food I got, but it's a classic reminder, after having horribly fragmented sleep and waking up constantly, that processed and fried foods really do mess with your sleep. If you wake up a lot and you don't cook, I would seriously suggest learning! It isn't that hard to throw uncooked pieces of chicken in an oven along with a potato or to fry up a fish fillet or some eggs, etc. I definitely sleep more soundly when I eat clean.

I feel absolutely heartbroken for my friend Becky now. She lost her husband last week. She said on her wall that it was sudden, and he didn't suffer. He was Tom's age, and they had been married for 12 years. I remember when they got married in Florida. It's so sad that they only got to live in their retirement home for seven years. Becky is only a couple of years younger than me and way too young to be a widow, yet probably too old to meet anyone new. I know she has a very active social life, as well as three kids and other family members and friends, but I worry about her being all alone out there. A part of me longs to reach out to her. I have yet to hear from her directly, which is understandable, and beg her to move here, even though I know she hates humidity and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.