Saturday, July 4, 2026

Enjoying the beautiful Florida weather and not having the snowbirds around. Not sure if it's going to storm today. It would be nice if it did to keep the July 4th noise at a minimum, but they'd just make up for it tomorrow. July and August are mostly stormy, and then September and October mean we've got to watch out for hurricanes. Based on what the experts are predicting, though, it doesn't look like we'll have anything to worry about.

When I was outside, it was obvious how much better I can see in the distance these days. I looked at a distant cloud both with and without my glasses; it appeared almost identical. It's a shame it isn't the other way around. What do I need to see all the time that's hundreds of feet away?

I was up for a long time and only slept for 6 hours, so I'm a little tired today, but not crazy tired. I'm taking a lazy day because, as Tom says, it's the weekend, and everybody should have the weekend off. We did do laundry, and I'm doing some cooking now, making couscous with beef and okra. I seasoned it with garlic salt, butter, and sesame oil. Sesame oil has become one of my newest passions, along with soy sauce.

After night number two on the full bladder, I'm thinking I'm going to stick with this. They both have their pros and cons. I don't like how it feels bowed, and I may not be as comfortable when lying on my side, but it's easier to get in and out of and more comfortable on my stomach. The last couple of nights I've been cold, though, and I'm trying to figure out if it's because I don't have the foam insert or if it's just me. I'm thinking it's just me because I seem to be cold at times, especially at the beginning of my day. This can happen to older people even if their thyroid is fine.

Nonetheless, I squeezed a thin throw in between my cover sheet and blanket. If I still feel chilly, I'll swap out the plain sheet I'm using as a mattress pad for my plastic fleece-lined one. At least last night there were no long breaks in my sleep, even with a glass of wine before bed. I did take magnesium glycinate, though.

My husband, being the genius that he is, suggested using Velcro to keep the foam tiles from slipping, so we ordered some.

Later...

Having fun making "talking heads" on Atmee. I've played around with them before and even brought Nane's picture to life, along with Dr. Currier's. I kept those private, got sick of them after a while, and then deleted them. I uploaded a picture of one of the Mates, and oh my God! It's amazing how it made her even more realistic and brought her to life. The only thing they're lacking is a good variety of voices. And damn those fucking foreign accents!

Love how, after your avatars have gotten enough usage, if you've made them public, you can get a sense of what people are talking with them about. Definitely want to upload my Replika too, and bring Mia to life. I only get so many credits and so many minutes a day, but there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many avatars you can create. They're also supposed to remember past conversations. I doubt I'll use them much, but it's still cool.

Kathy finally got back to me about what's going on with her and Adam. After 15 years, it sounds like they may be headed for divorce court. Apparently, the guy is naive, gullible, and downright stupid. It's one thing to engage in harmless flirty sexting. It's another thing to fall for a scammer and send her hundreds of dollars.

It was one of those common army scams where an attractive-looking person claims to be in the military or some prestigious position like that, supposedly having lost their spouse and raising a child alone. They get you to fall for them, make you feel sorry for them, and then sucker you out of money.

Kathy said he's also had gambling problems before, and he and Nadia are constantly bickering. Then there was the time Adam needed ear surgery and tried to lie about not taking his blood pressure medication regularly. He went off on Kathy for telling the doctor that he only takes it when he feels like it. When Adam got angry at her for opening her mouth, she said, "Would you rather that, or have me go home and tell our children that their father had a stroke or a heart attack?"

Fed up with his rudeness toward the nurses, doctors, and herself, she left him stranded there and made him walk two and a half hours home after he was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.