Wednesday, July 22, 2026

On the way to the dentist to find out why I've been having sensitivity on and off. Hopefully it won't be any big deal and won't cost much. I also hope whatever it is can be dealt with today.

It's hard to write neatly unless we're at a light. It's very bright and humid today. No rain in the near future. No lab results yet either, and I'm getting worried I won't have them in time for my appointment.

I'm also still cold a lot and woke up tired even though my AHI score is back down, and I slept okay. It could be the lingering effects of the half a clonazepam and eye drops I used before bed, or it could be the worst thing it could be... CFS.

I'm thrilled that Penana finally allows us to opt out of comments or share with friends only. The only potential loophole is the stream. They can still comment on our streams.

Read an article about scientists who believe humans will eventually live between 1,000 and 20,000 years. My God, what would I do with myself for that long?! Statistically, we couldn't live forever even if we could because sooner or later, something would kill us, be it an accident, war, homicide, or a natural disaster. Either way, I sometimes wish people only made it to 30 or 40.

Later...

Instead of having to get a cavity filled, I got a cleaning instead. The dentist noticed and said she liked my new hair color, and she and AI couldn't find anything clinically wrong upon examining the X-rays. However, my sensitivity could stem from a broken seal placed by my first California dentist. So I guess sooner or later I'm going to have to deal with that.

I got stuck with Juvy and her annoying accent, humming, and pushiness for the cleaning, but she sure has an amazing memory. She remembered that I lived in California and that my favorite color is pink. She even gave an extra sample of toothpaste, floss, and a toothbrush for Tom. LOL. Not that he would use any of it, especially the floss and the toothbrush, since we both have electric toothbrushes. Still, she's a sweet person.

She really wants me to come in every four months because of how fast plaque and tartar can build up, and that's definitely not good with my soft enamel. Unfortunately, I'll have to do what's best financially, and I'll probably go back to every six months because that doesn't cost anything.

It's weird because the fluoride treatment was only five additional dollars, but it would have cost $40 to have her numb my gums for the cleaning. I didn't mind the discomfort, though. It wasn't overly bad.

She said something about how I could fight with my insurance company about coverage, but I'm not going to be reduced to having to beg and fight for them to do the right thing and give me what I should be able to get in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.