Friday, July 3, 2026

Lots to update on!

Yesterday I was both busy and exhausted. I ended up sleeping 10 hours. Tom says it's because I was stressed out, worried whether or not I would be able to sleep on the bed. We switched out the tubes for the bladder, and at first, I had regrets. I'm still not sure I'm going to stick with the bladder. I might have to go back to the tubes. Oh, it's comfy as hell, and I love the extra motion, even though motion isn't as important as comfort. Maybe I just need to get used to it. It's definitely easier to get in and out of and much more comfortable for stomach sleeping, but not as much for side sleeping because it's more plush. So much so that I had to take the foam insert out. When I'm on my side, my arm is bent inward more, which puts more strain on my shoulder. It could also cause me to tip back slightly, making snorting and mouth farts more likely.

I was pissed at myself at first, reminding myself that what once was isn't always the same many years later. When I last had a full-wave bladder, I was young and skinny. Now I'm old and fat. But I want to give it another couple of sleeps to see how it may affect my AHI score and mouth farts. I also want to see if I can get used to sleeping on my side and the feeling of the bed being bowed. You almost feel like you could roll off the edges, even though you don't. That's because it's deeper and thus plusher.

Worst-case scenario, now that we have a hose with the proper connection, we just suck the water out and put the tubes back in. But this time, instead of filling them most of the way in the shower, we'll just plop them in the mattress cover and fill them there with the hose.

For the most part, I should have left things alone. When I pulled out the foam I added to the tubes, it felt perfect. We finally got the tubes filled just right, and I should have left a good thing alone. But I had been planning this bladder for over a year.

I slept the first four or five hours comfortably on my stomach. But when I had my usual breakup sleep (which I read could be due to cortisol spikes), I regretted the bladder because I had a hard time getting comfortable on my sides, and I can't sleep on my back. We'll see how the next couple of nights go before I make my final decision.

It's a little cooler this way, too. I might put my vinyl fleece-lined mattress pad on, but I don't know. This might be a good way to keep the temperature stable in here, meaning that instead of dropping the temperature at bedtime and raising it when I get up, keeping it around 76 degrees when I'm awake or asleep might work in this case.

The bed skirt is weird too. I didn't think it would touch the floor, but it actually brushes the floor enough that I'll have to pick it up when I turn the robot loose.

Anyway, I have the best damn husband in the world. I didn't want to bring it up, but on his own he said my comfort and health are what's most important, so if I want to go back to the tubes, just say the word and we'll switch me back over. Like I said, though, we'll see how the next couple of nights go.

I think part of the reason I might have felt shitty yesterday in that I was warm and a bit heart-racy, is that the NADH just isn't good for me. That might be good for days when I'm comatose kind of tired, but not for regular use. It definitely seems to make me a bit anxious.

I just wish I could stop waking up in the middle of my sleep! That's definitely the top thing I want to discuss with Rhonda at the end of the month.

My lab appointment has been scheduled for the 17th.

For the first time in the half decade we've been here, we picked up meds via the drive-thru instead of going into the store since we didn't need anything else. He had to pick up his blood pressure meds.

After that, we shot over to Publix and got some more Gouda mac and cheese. It has shells rather than elbows, but it's the best damn mac and cheese ever! I also got a piece of fried cod to go with it, and we grabbed a few other odds and ends. I got a bottle of white Merlot, a Caesar salad, and something I'm looking forward to trying: beer-battered French fries. I don't like beer, but I love beer-battered stuff for some reason.

He got himself a couple of frozen pizzas. He likes to take advantage of the two-for-one deals they often have.

What was strange was the boy I saw when we were checking out. He was ahead of us in line. He looked at me strangely while his mother, or whoever he was with, was checking out. He was perhaps around 12 years old. I'm not sure if the look was due to my colorful outfit or maybe he thought I looked familiar or what. I smiled at him, although he didn't smile back. He just looked at me with a rather neutral expression. Well, at an age difference of nearly half a century, I'm sure it wasn't about attraction—not to mention the fact that I'm not exactly attractive material these days.

For just $10, I was able to get a fairly decent-sized resin planter, and we replanted our money tree in it and put it outside by the lemon tree we planted. We're now waiting on a 30-inch planter that you put outside a window so we can transfer the succulents. This thing would also be great for petunias.

I'm waiting to hear back from Kathy, who went back to her home state of Texas for a visit. Based on some of her posts, I started to think all wasn't well with her and Adam, so I asked, saying I didn't want to sound nosy or like I was prying, but was a little concerned. She confirmed there's trouble in paradise and will get back to me when she can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.