Thursday, July 9, 2026

I decided to revamp my main blog after all. I just hate the way Blogger stupidly took away the editing tool. If I post entries by the month instead of by the day, then I'll only have a few hundred to go through if I want to change anything rather than over 10,000. It will be a long time before everything is posted, though, because I'm running everything through Grammarly again.

Also, although my golden rule has always been to avoid posting sensitive information like addresses or last names unless it's about a public figure, I don't give a shit anymore if someone living here takes the time or spends the money to look up my accounts and finds my blogs. When you go looking for things or spy on someone's stuff, you've got to expect that you might not like what you see, and that's on you. If I see something I don't like on Andy's page, that's my problem, not his. I have no right to call him out for putting too much value in centuries-old stories.

He once asked how anyone could deny the existence of God after the parting of the sea that supposedly allowed the Jews to escape. First of all, there's no proof that this ever happened. Second, millions of us have been slaughtered throughout history. Don't you love how people are quick to praise God for the good things but won't blame him for the bad things he supposedly allows if he exists?

Anyway, I don't care anymore what anyone here may find out about what I know or think pertaining to them.

I wrote and shared the following post in the group:

"Good evening! I have something to say. It's been on my mind for a while, and I think it's time I spoke up.

First, I want to stress that this isn't a public scolding or meant to call anyone out. If I've ever offended anyone, it was purely unintentional, and that goes for this post as well.

Some of you have been coming to me about problems with other people who live here. I understand the need for an unbiased sounding board at times. However, I don't want to engage in gossip, something I've been guilty of in the past and have been making a point not to participate in anymore. So I'm asking you to try to work things out on your own, especially since there really isn't anything I can do. These situations don't involve me and are none of my business.

Furthermore, holding onto hostility and anger is unproductive, immature, potentially bad for one's health, and only reflects poorly on us. I get that we all have our skeletons, and I've had my own anger issues. I've been unforgiving in the past. I'm not perfect, and there have been people I almost wished would give me a reason to unleash my dark side. But then I reminded myself that I needed to grow up and act my age.

We don't all have to like each other, much less be buddies with those we dislike, but why hold grudges? I say call a truce and move on. If you can't manage a friendly nod or greeting when you pass each other, at least let sleeping dogs lie. I think most people would agree that peace is better than animosity."

I was surprised by all the likes and comments, all positive. I checked Carol out and discovered the Honker is her son. You can't be in this group unless you either live here or have lived here, so I'm guessing she once lived here, given how old she is. I saw a very old couple visiting the Honker last year, so I'm assuming it was them and that they got too old to keep coming down here like Miss Loose Lips.

Of course, the honker didn't "like" the post. I'm not the least bit surprised, nor do I care. I do admit, however, that I wrote it mostly with him in mind. I was also curious to see whether there would be any response from Miss Loose Lips or Toni. There wasn't, which leaves me more than 100 percent convinced that those loose lips really were flapping.

I'll never discuss one park member with another park member again, and if someone brings another resident up first, I'll do my best to change the subject. But I'll be damned if I worry about them finding my blog and what they may think about it. I'm not responsible for their feelings, and there's nothing they can do about it anyway. I'm guessing the Honker's mother doesn't know who I am, but I don't doubt for a minute that he's told her how much he hates one of his neighbors. I'm sure he's told the whole park, but hey, he has every right to do that, and that's okay. I'm really starting to doubt he'll ever move, too. Too many connections here.

I dreamed that Toni was moving, except she had dark hazel eyes instead of brown, and Tom told someone her last name was Amirez or something like that.

History is a lot more fun to learn as an older person than it ever was in school. As kids, Andy and I always used to wonder how one single boulder ended up about 100 feet from shore at our beach. There were stacks of rocks visible on the beach and extending into the water, but this one huge boulder sat all by itself. It's about 8 to 10 feet tall. At low tide, most of it is exposed, while at high tide only a foot or two sticks out of the water. People love to swim out to it, and seagulls love to perch on it.

So I asked AI, and it turns out the boulder is what's known as a glacial erratic. It was torn from bedrock when the Laurentide Ice Sheet advanced 20,000 to 30,000 years ago. For thousands of years, it sat beneath ice that was up to a mile thick and covered most of Canada and the northern United States. Eventually, the ice melted, and what is now known as the Sound became a massive freshwater lake in which the rock sat under thousands of feet of water. Later, the glacial lakes drained and ocean water flooded the area. Weighing somewhere between 40 and 80 tons, however, the boulder was too heavy to be washed out to sea. So it has a pretty fascinating history.

I'm also learning more about how horrible North Korea is. I've always known it was a bad country, but the more I learn, the more it makes me almost feel like I have all the freedom in the world. Very few people are allowed to enter or leave the country. Ordinary citizens have no access to the open internet, and phone calls and letters are heavily monitored. Forget about gay rights or women's rights because they're practically nonexistent. People can't read American books or watch American movies, and nearly everything is censored. It sounds like a really shitty way to live—a prisoner in your own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.