Thursday, May 28, 2026

After my last entry at 5:00 this morning, I ended up napping for an hour and a half. I was just so exhausted. I've also been a bit short of breath and having waves of lightheadedness. I don't know if it's connected to my IBS or if I'm just a little anxious. The good thing is that today is the first day in what feels like a while that I've actually felt human. Therefore, I took the opportunity to get out. We went back to the new dollar store we like, and I got a few candles, mascara, nail polish, and we both got some snacks. I didn't think to check if this place sells alcohol, but I'm guessing they don't.

He got a new whiteboard with five different colored pens and this really lightweight cube shelf thing with canvas. For a dollar and 25 cents, it was a really good deal.

The candles I got are just so-so. Dollar stores aren't really great for candles. I got Night Jasmine and a couple of small ones for the warmers. One is eucalyptus and the other is vanilla.

The mascara I got is jet black, and the nail polish is hot pink.

Anyway, I've been going back and forth in my mind trying to decide whether or not I really want to try to keep a day schedule. Don't get me wrong. If I could be on days as easily as most people can at the snap of my fingers, I wouldn't hesitate. I would do it in a heartbeat. However, like it or not, my body's clock is what it is, and I've already made these futile attempts in the past, so it's not like I've never tried before. Even the research I've done aligns with everything I've experienced. So while I wouldn't hesitate to be a day person every day if I could be and it was that simple, I'm also used to doing what's normal for me and not a big fan of change. I enjoy having solitude at times as well when we're on different schedules, for me to do different activities that require fewer distractions.

Lastly, I've got the sleep headphones coming, and it would be a little hard to test them in the middle of the night when it's a lot less likely to storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.