Not the least bit surprisingly, I only made it a couple of days with decent sleep. Yesterday I was moderately tired, and today I'm very tired. The broken-up sleep is back too, and I'm guessing that's because the stress is mounting as we get closer to my appointment, even though I don't expect anything to be wrong. I at least hope he won't refer me to other doctors or want me to make additional appointments anytime too soon.
Before bed the day before yesterday, I took melatonin and then half a clonazepam when I woke up in the middle of my sleep. Last time around, I took melatonin and half a clonazepam, and then another half when I woke up a few hours later. Before bed next time around, I'm probably going to take two melatonin and a whole clonazepam to hopefully catch up without any breaks in my sleep.
I did notice something interesting at the end of my sleep last night. I took my mask off and then dozed off a little longer, and when I woke up after dreaming that Rhonda's real name was Andrea, I realized I hadn't snorted at all, at least not on my side. Maybe they're right when they say just a few pounds either way can affect sleep apnea. I’m now down to 160.9, so that’s 5 pounds lost. In a perfect world, I would get down to 120, but would settle for 140. However, I still don't see myself ever slipping below the 150s. The medication issue still scares me, too.
At least no more bots have told me I could be dying of cancer. Yeah, I got a little worried for a minute there yesterday. For most of my life, I've had ridges in my nails, and on some of them, the outer edges have a slight lift due to my thyroid issues, so that much is no mystery. What I thought was weird lately, though, was how some of my nails were curving downward in the center more so than usual, or they at least seem to be. So I questioned Gemini about it, and she mentioned the Schamroth test. So I did this simple test where you take the same fingers on both hands and match the digits closest to the tip of your fingers to see if you have a diamond-shaped window between the base of the nails. If you don't, that's potentially bad news, typically associated with lung or heart issues. Well, all of my nails flunked the test except for my thumbs. I shared pictures with both Gemini and Google, and they didn't like what they saw. Then, without even asking about curving/clubbing, I asked OpenAI and Copilot, and they just said they looked ridged and dry, and that was it. So I think how I worded my question mattered. I did eventually ask if they saw clubbing and told them I failed the Schamroth test, and they said that failing the test doesn't always mean anything.
Tom doesn't think I have lung cancer, and I agree. Yes, my nails have changed a bit, and yes, I have occasional shortness of breath. But nails do change with age, and everybody experiences air hunger from time to time. I did read that because the lungs don't really have any nerve endings, you can have a nodule growing in them for months or even years without knowing it, and Gemini and Google describe my nails as "early" clubbing, noticing a slightly enlarged flange on one digit. But I still don't see myself in the early stages of anything serious. I let them know that I had extensive heart testing a few years ago and all was well, which made them more convinced that something was up with my lungs. Yesterday I noticed I was short of breath upon waking up, even though my AHI score was normal, but I haven't noticed any today. I am a shallow breather, so maybe that could be an issue later on in life, but I don't know.
I do know one thing, though, and that's that if I am brewing anything serious, we'll know it within the next year because I'll be dead. I wouldn't bother treating it because treatment itself would be way more than I could handle. There would be 10 million appointments that would be very hard to handle with my sleep disorder and all kinds of pain, torture, and money spent on something that wouldn't be guaranteed and that I'd always have to worry about returning. I really can't see that being the case, though, as I said. There have been other things I thought were wrong that weren't.
Since I definitely love waterbeds but don't like soft-sides, Tom found that hard-sides are much cheaper at Lowe's than on a waterbed site. I didn't know Lowe's sold waterbeds. I can get a basic king-size one for just over a grand, similar to what we had in Phoenix, and just use these headboard shelves or some other ones. They have some really cool ones these days with charging plugs and all that.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.