Friday, May 29, 2026

Having a pretty decent day today and wishing it could be like this all the time. The only time I felt a little off was after I got done cleaning for 90 minutes or so. But knowing how it works with me, this will be the last day I have good energy for a while. I might get one more day, but we'll see.

The only annoyance today is this loud banging that I think is coming from behind us. They're putting in some kind of large sewer pipe not too far from here, and I think I'm hearing dump trucks or something connected to the project. As I've always said, I don't know which I dread more: the day they build something behind us or when modern garbage trucks get here.

Anyway, I got up shortly before he went to donate and took advantage of the energy I had to do some cleaning since I knew it wouldn't last. I bounced back pretty fast, though, after I started running out of energy, and we decided to run to the store. We weren't just after treats but wanted to see what was going on back there. The gate was open, so that pretty much said they had been working there, but no one was in the field at the time. There were plenty of people working on that pipe, though.

I still hear intermittent slams and bangs that shake the whole fucking place, and I'm worried they're going to be doing this as I start sleeping in. The loudest sound machine in the world wouldn't make a damn bit of difference if a vibration like that is going to jolt the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.