On the way to the glaucoma doctor now. I got a candle from the new dollar store that opened up nearby. It's so good it's almost like crack cocaine for the nose! It's Mulled Wine, even though it doesn't smell like wine. I also got three little candles I had to put on the warmers: Junior Mint, Dragon Fruit, and one that just says Healing.
I also got some facial highlighter, pork rinds, and he got a sketchbook. I just wish I'd realized the pork rinds were spicy and that I already had sketchbooks he could have used. Lastly, I also got a little pink disco ball to hang, he got ice cream, and we both got candy.
Today I ordered WoodWick's Winter Garland candle that was on sale on Amazon. It's another trilogy with Crimson Berry, Frasier Fir, and Teakwood.
I was so pissed, even though I shouldn't have been, since lost weight always finds its way back to me, but with very few exceptions, I worked so hard and put up with so much hunger and fatigue for over a week just to regain two of the 5 lb I lost. I'll get back on track if only for the sake of my health. I like having good blood pressure, and I don't want to become diabetic.
I don't know why, but I had some stuffiness in my sleep, and I really hope it doesn't become a regular problem or get worse.
He's fine now, luckily, but I was worried about Tom because he seemed to be hit hard after his last donation. Well, he was nauseous at the place, then felt almost like he was going to pass out when he got home. He seemed to sleep a lot too, but we later came to suspect it was the potatoes I made. I guess they were too rich for him, and he's not used to rich foods these days. He donates tomorrow, so we'll see how it affects him. What was scary was the nightmare I had about him at this time, where he might have been having a heart attack.
On the way back from the doctor, and OMG, the BO the guy's got! I like him, though. Plus, the instant he looked into my eyes, he knew what it was. It's a bacterial infection that causes inflammation in the eyelids called blepharitis. To start from the beginning, I stayed in the same room this time, and they didn't take pics, I don't think, even though Christine dilated my eyes. After that, she left the room, and I thought I would have a long wait, but nope. He passed by the room and said he'd be right with me, then came in a few minutes later. I filled him in on my watery eyes, and he too, has had a turbine reduction, though he doesn’t think surgery caused my problem. We may never know what caused it.
Then his phone rang, and he said excuse me, and I told him it was no problem at all, and he appeared to politely argue with this woman about scheduling. Something about how it's supposed to be this doctor and then that doctor and then that doctor, and he does the scheduling for this place and that place and is sometimes invited to give lectures. He also said something about how he really needs to know, and he's counting on her, blah blah blah. Then he hung up and said something about having to play games, and I told him I knew what that was like.
He then put the numbing drops in my eyes and measured my pressure. All is good there. Then right off the bat, he told me what I had. I told him that it was awesome that he could tell me that just like that, and he said that after 39 years of experience, it's not that hard, lol.
So, I need to use these eyelid wipes daily and get prescription eye drops that contain steroids. Because steroids can increase eye pressure, he wants to see me back in 3 months. He said resuming Flonase would be okay. I doubt my pressure will rise, though, since Flonase never caused it to rise before.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.