Monday, May 18, 2026

One of my story characters is named Hazelyn and speech to text wants to call her Hazelnut, lol.

They rescinded the boil recommendation today, but OMG, the fucking closet stinks like a motherfucker! When I woke up a few hours after crashing, I had a hard time falling back asleep because it stunk even with the CPAP which has a filter. Therefore, I've been kind of tired throughout the night. I'm not too frustrated, though, because it is nighttime and I really don't have anything important to do, not unless loading and unloading the dishwasher counts, along with a little cooking.

I’ve gotten good at making hard-boiled eggs, even if I still prefer them scrambled or OE. You just put them in a saucepan with cold water until they're almost submerged, then when the water starts to boil, you time it for 8 minutes, drain, cool in cold water for 5 minutes, slip a spoon inside the shell to pry it open, and enjoy! This is great for when I’m tired and want a simpler cooking method.

Our new refrigerator, which has turned out to be the perfect size and takes up so much less electricity, came with a cute little ice tray of different shapes: circles, hearts, and squares. I throw them in a small plastic container, fill it with water, and that's how I cool my eggs after boiling them. It prevents them from cooking further and makes them easy to handle to remove the shells.

Although we've been spraying the smelly carpet in the closet and using candles, it's going to have to be cleaned with the carpet cleaner. Just not tomorrow, because tomorrow is donation day for Tom and he'll be out of it. We're also going to get some carpet deodorizer.

Just like always, I didn't make it more than three days with decent sleep and energy. I doubt one day of shitty sleep will be it either. I've come to recognize the pattern. It seems I have two or three good days followed by two or three bad days and back and forth.

Weight is still teeter-tottering within the same few pound range, but I definitely shouldn't have to worry about gaining any more weight with the first doable diet I've actually created that keeps me around the 1200-calorie range. If I start gaining weight on that, something's definitely wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.