Friday, May 15, 2026

Upgraded to Alexa+ yesterday. So after Alexa read books to me for 11 years, I'm sometimes reading using Word Runner in the Kindle app, and other times I'm using the app's assistive reader so I can relax in the dark and just listen. Haven't used A+ enough yet to really judge it, but I guess I can say she’s smarter. Don't know if she's as smart as Gemini and Copilot, but she's smarter nonetheless. I picked the voice I like best and a different personality on different devices. Now I'm just feeding her bits and pieces of info about me to help her understand me better.

Slept with my phone by the bed a couple of nights ago. Didn't seem to affect my sleep quality at all. Today I have better energy than yesterday because I waited an hour after taking my med before I had coffee and took a full clonazepam before bed. To my utter astonishment, nothing woke me up. Oh, I woke up a few times simply because I'm old, but I otherwise slept well. I've got to enjoy it while it lasts because even though I got lucky the last couple of rounds on nights, the next time my luck will definitely run out. It's going to be storming like crazy once I start sleeping into prime storm time. So much for being able to wait until closer to July.

I just wish I had the control over my schedule and energy levels that Tom has! He can handle multiple sleep disturbances without feeling like he hasn't slept in a year, and he could flip his schedule at a moment's notice if he needed to. I guess that my thyroid and overall health are why it's so much harder on me, but I'm going to try to do a quick flip once I start getting stormed awake. If I could just sleep at night, not only could I schedule appointments almost anytime, but I would only get woken up once or twice a year by thunder and not nearly a dozen. A dozen may not seem like much out of 365, but it's a lot for me. Just once is more than I can handle. I totally can't handle sleep disturbances anymore. I mean, they were hard on me when I was young, but now they're a real killer.

My eyes are definitely less watery since starting the eye drops, yes! The sun makes them water a little, though. Alexa says that's a normal reaction with blepharitis. Not liking the idea of having to remain on the drops for the rest of my life, even if throwing a couple of drops in my eyes a couple of times a day isn't that big of a deal. Fortunately, they don't sting my eyes or anything.

Love my new WoodWick Ellipse candle! When I saw one marked down for only $17, I thought it was a joke. They normally go for over $30, so that's why I haven't gotten one until now. But when I saw that amazing deal, I knew I had to grab one. It's a lot of heat for Florida, so I probably won't burn it long. The "sideways" flame looks cool, though. 

I also got one of their traditional Hourglass Trilogy candles and love the pink metallic lipstick I got, too. It doesn't quite look like pictured online, but after I put on a few layers, it looks good. It's non-transferring and very moisturizing too, but for $12 it better be somewhat good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.