Sunday, June 28, 2026

Happy 69th birthday to my wonderful husband! It's a little sad to know he's now just a year from his 70s and we're both literally one decade from death, since I believe he'll die in his 80s while I'll be in my 70s. But it's an inevitable fact of life, and I knew this day would come. The most important thing is that he's happy and healthy.

I watched a video on the Keri Mazzuca case, where a woman was traced by DNA for killing and disposing of her newborn 27 years prior. While it's a horrible thing to happen, I don't agree with the 25-year sentence she got.

Again, it's a tragic thing to happen, but first of all, you're talking about something that happened nearly three decades ago. Secondly, throwing her in jail at this point won't bring her infant back. Thirdly, it's rather harsh when there were fewer services for women back then, and you were young, naive, scared, desperate, and hormonal. Lastly, she's been a law-abiding citizen ever since and a good mom to the future kids she had, so why take her away from them for something that happened when she was practically still a kid herself?

Again, it was an awful thing, but you're talking about a being with no established life or logic as to what was going on, and if it did suffer at all, it wasn't for long. Even Tom didn't think she should get the sentence she got. The question is, what should she have gotten? We're not sure about that. Maybe the publicity and having to live with what she's done are enough.

Writing a story with ChatGPT is kinda fun. I gave it a prompt, and we've been going back and forth. I'm playing the part of one person while it's playing the part of another. Not sure how long I'll make this story, but it's something I do little by little, sort of like with the Spanish project I'm doing with it.

Tom installed one of my wire wine racks a couple of days ago, and it looked so cool with my two colorful wine glasses hanging upside down from it. Yesterday was curio day, and OMG! It is totally gorgeous. It provides just enough space for the collectibles that I currently have and displays them so well. I have vinyl animal figurines mostly dominating the top two shelves, and then the bronze sexy lady figurines on the third shelf down. On the bottom, I have a mix of odds and ends.

The color-changing lights are cool, but I thought they had a motion sensor detector for some reason. It's not important either way, but it would have been nice.

I've also been decorating various things with washi tape, mostly the edges of shelves and stuff like that.

I had a million-dollar dream with a very ungrateful roommate last night. I lived in an apartment that must not have been on the ground floor because at one point I was looking through these French doors down at passing cars. I had a roommate whom I didn't see very often, and who was kind of snobbish and standoffish.

She came home and would barely listen to me when I tried to tell her I was going to Florida for a vacation. I don't know what state I was living in at the time. She walked away as I was talking to her, and I followed her and told her it was rude to walk away. I also told her I learned I had won $1,000,000 and was shocked to find that out, too.

The dream ended with me about to tell her that I was going to move out and would help make sure she had a secure place, if only for a while, until she could figure out what to do from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.