Wednesday, June 10, 2026

Tom hurried out of the bedroom, opened the freezer door, and stuck his head in it because if you feel nauseous, breathing in really cold air can help, along with certain things like plain crackers and ginger tea. But it didn't help, and the poor guy ended up puking.

Strange because I've had nausea as well. Although after a cholecystectomy, that can be kind of common. You have to be careful what you eat. I thought maybe one of the oils I used for cooking yesterday might have caused it, even though I only used about a teaspoon. Then I noticed it came on after I had keto bread, and I read that, yeah, that can cause it, too.

He got back into bed, and hopefully his stomach has settled down.

For today's rice cooker and steamer meal, I made rice on the bottom, and this time I only put in 1/4 cup of rice and 1/2 cup of water. I read it's usually a 1:2 ratio. It came out pretty good. Again, there was a little bit of scorching on the bottom, but nothing inedible.

In the steamer tray up top, I put a salmon fillet along with a few pieces of okra and zucchini. They came out great, except I don't think I'm going to do fish in this thing in the future because I like to fry it so that the outside edges are crispy, and you don't get that in the steamer, of course. So while it's great for veggies and fine for things like chicken and probably the pork I'm going to try tomorrow, it's not really good for fish, in my opinion. But it's all a matter of personal taste.

I used oyster sauce last time around, and it seems to be good. It's too bad, though, that I can't find any mild peanut sauce, because peanut sauce by itself is great. It's just that every single one I've found or tried is too spicy, and I hate spicy foods.

Later, I’ll try a serving of rice and onions with bone broth rather than water. I’ll add just one frozen meatball to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.