Moving the giant 23-year-old refrigerator yesterday, which probably weighs about the same as Tom, was no easy feat, but we did it and got it into the lanai. That way, whenever we can get someone to pick it up, they can just take it from there and we won't have to worry about my schedule.
The floor beneath the refrigerator was absolutely filthy as fuck. I knew the people who lived here before us were either seriously disabled without any help or seriously lazy, and I'm guessing it was definitely the latter because there was spilled food beneath the front of the fridge. I was like, "OMG, how could they just let that sit there?" It was so gross that I didn't think I'd be able to clean it up.
Even the wall beside the refrigerator was filthy, and for the life of me, I can't figure out how food got wedged into such a tight space. The old fridge went right up against the wall on one side and the edge of the counter on the other. Unless they had one hell of a food fight, I have no idea how it got so filthy there.
Knowing it would take forever to clean with a sponge, I grabbed our string mop, which is great for large areas, and eventually got everything cleaned up nicely.
I was a little tired yesterday, then perked up for a while, but after cleaning, I was completely exhausted. It left me feeling as if I were in horrible shape. I didn't think I worked that hard.
We moved the new refrigerator where we wanted it, and Tom also assembled the tall, skinny cabinet that will sit next to it. It has a small drawer that absolutely sucks. I'll probably put something in there that I rarely use. It has a tiny shelf too, on which I put a dog figurine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.