Saturday, June 6, 2026

I went out walking as the sun was setting, and it wasn't quite as nice as yesterday. It was warm and humid, and there wasn't much of a breeze. Therefore, I didn't stay out for long.

The streets were dead. They definitely clear out nicely when the snowbirds are gone and the weather is warmer and more humid.

Again, Tom didn't hear anything in back, but he said a really loud vehicle went by at one point. He didn't run in front to see what it was. I hope the loud vehicle craze doesn't catch up to this place. While motorcycles are worse here than in Cali, the loud vehicles were worse there than here. Oh, there's still plenty of them, just not as many. Overall, we've been lucky so far in the park.

Looking forward to Amazon's Prime Day sale going on for four days at the end of the month. I'm thinking of getting a rice cooker. I know I'm trying to cut back on carbs, although not as much as on calories, but for only $20, I found a really versatile rice cooker that can do so much more than just rice yet seems simple enough to use.

I've been watching these Facebook reels by a couple of single women living alone in Japan, and it's interesting to see them cook and what they eat there. It seems like a very economical and healthy diet. I'm sure they're skinny for a reason, and it's not just genetics.

Didn't realize just how cheap it was to live there either. It seems everything is cheaper there—food, rent, everything.

Anyway, I looked up Japanese ingredients on Walmart, and I may try a few dishes. Looks like it might be a little expensive getting started, but once you get stocked up, a lot of the items last quite a while.

Looking forward to seeing what my favorite candles may be marked down to during the sale, since they've gotten pretty expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.