Tuesday, June 9, 2026

I checked into what other candles have a good throw besides Yankee, WoodWick, and Village, and Goose Creek was recommended. They have them on Walmart, and they seem to have a lot of fun fragrances I wouldn't mind trying, like Little Debbie's Cosmic Brownies for starters.

I also want to replace our old scratched-up skillets, even though I may not use the stove or oven as much as I used to.

Here we go again with the random bumps and bangs from whatever the fuck they're doing in the field in back. When we went to the dollar store, we saw a dump truck and a tractor. They've got a ton of dirt piles for whatever project they're working on. I just let them have it in a message on their site, letting them know it's really annoying to some of the residents just over the wall here, and that some of us need to sleep during the daytime. Those times I've been woken up by what I swore were bumps and bangs that I would sometimes wonder were part of dreams, since Tom didn't always hear or feel anything, make me wonder if it was really them. He doesn't always see what I see, or hear what I hear, or feel what I feel. He didn't feel the earthquake, yet I clearly did, as did several others in the park.

I made the oyakodon, and it was just so-so. I still need to get my rice and water ratios down. It makes so much more than you think it's going to, and I ate so much that I'm still stuffed even though it's been 5 or 6 hours. One of the ingredients gave me acid reflux too, so I had to take a couple of Tums, and I made myself some ginger tea. I also stupidly added water first and ended up with a concoction that was too soupy, and had to spoon out some of the liquid. The chicken chunks came out fine, but from what I'm reading, it isn't recommended that you put fish in the main pot since it's rather delicate. I was planning on steaming some salmon with okra and zucchini, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. Between what I cooked and the two slices of keto bread I had with salmon spread an hour after getting up, I'm still pretty stuffed. I'd like to eat more, but I'm not going to because I don't want to get sick.

Tom's doing a quick Walmart order tomorrow, so I'm going to grab some edamame beans and some brown jasmine rice. I didn't know there was such a thing as brown jasmine. I thought jasmine rice was only white. Brown would be healthier as it has more fiber and a lower glycemic index. I can't wait to make scrambled eggs and other things in it. It's amazing how much I've gotten into cooking. For so long, I had no interest in it at all, but now I find it oddly calming and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.