Sunday, June 14, 2026

One CPAP and one nose job later, and I still can’t sleep well most of the time. I kept waking up constantly. Sometimes it was for no apparent reason, and other times my mask slipped, or I was cold. I don't know if I've been cold lately due to the reduced calories I've been having, or if my thyroid is crashing some more.

I've been exhausted all day, even though I made myself go to the dollar store as we planned. After eating a small pack of cookies I got there, I felt a little nauseous. It seems dollar store food, whether it's frozen or not, isn't very good.

Anyway, I just wonder how the hell I'm going to figure out the proper melatonin dose for me if other things keep waking me up along the way. I'm also stressed out now that I'm sleeping in, and I know they're going to be back tomorrow, banging and clanging their fucking dump trucks.  They had huge piles of dirt extending from the road to behind us, which explains why it sounded so close. Tom thinks they're using it to make a road somewhere, probably in one of the new subdivisions, since he found a map online and saw that nothing big was in the works. I went to the county website as well and emailed someone, asking how long it would be.

Despite being horribly exhausted, I'm back in the 150s. I don't know how far down into them I'll go or if it will last, but I'm there now.

I'm going to drop white rice for brown rice because it has a lower glycemic index. I made some earlier and put too much water in the cooker, so I ended up with chicken rice soup instead. LOL. Instead of just water, I added chicken broth, too. I've got some coconut milk I'm going to try tomorrow.

I wonder if my eye condition has been going on longer than I thought, because I saw an ad for a medication for it, and one of the symptoms listed was misplaced eyelashes. I noticed a while back that the eyelashes on one eyelid were parted oddly. I didn't have any other symptoms, didn't think much of it, and eventually it went away.

I read an article about a guy holding up a bank, requesting just $1 and then waiting for the cops to pick him up and throw him in jail so he could supposedly get the healthcare he needed but couldn't afford because he was poor. I don't see how this guy could have possibly gotten his health needs met in jail, of all places. That would be the last place I would rely on for help.

I remember all too well how long they made me wait for my inhaler and nasal spray. If you need life-saving medication, you're not going to get it until it's too late, and yes, they can do that and get away with it. All they have to do is claim, "Well, we're a jail, not a hospital," or "We tried our best."

If my health had been like it is now 26 years ago, I would have had to wait months for my thyroid medication, and a CPAP would have been out of the question. Where would I have plugged it in anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.