Wednesday, June 17, 2026

I've been on CPAP therapy for over a year now, and today is the first time I've noticed dents left by the mask. It's weird, as one of the things I like about nasal masks is that they don't leave facial marks as a full-face mask does. Yet I can see lines trailing from the sides of my nose to my temples.

I slept better, although, as usual, about five hours into my sleep, it became a little fragmented. I didn't take anything before or during sleep, though. I woke up feeling a lot better than yesterday. Yesterday, I was so fatigued I was damn near comatose, but today I had enough energy to go out.

We went and checked out a new thrift store nearby. It's run by religious people who donate their profits to help drug addicts kick their habits. Normally, I avoid religious people because they can be a little delusional and hateful, but in this case, who cares? Other than the one goodie I found, I wasn't too impressed since the bulk of the merchandise seemed to be clothes and furniture.

Furthermore, there was the usual blasting music, but this was even louder than usual. When I mentioned it to the woman checking us out, she said she mentioned it to her boss, so I'm not the only one annoyed by it. I still don't understand the entertainment people feel we need in stores and doctors' offices. When I go to a store, it's to shop, not to listen to music. When I go to a doctor, it's to be treated, not to watch TV.

Anyway, I found a cute Our Generation doll (first doll I've gotten in ages). Those are 18-inch soft-bodied vinyl dolls. I've already had a couple. I left one behind in California. She's a blue-eyed blonde with layered curly hair nearly to the middle of her back, and freckles across her nose. She came in an equestrian outfit, with a light-to-medium blue shirt, pink pants, and boring beige plastic boots. At first I didn't understand why the knee pads were on the insides of her legs until I realized it was an equestrian outfit.

I uploaded pics I took and asked Gemini about her, and it said her name was Abigale, but it's actually Yanira. She was released two years ago and comes with a plastic horse and a few other accessories I'd have no interest in. Yanira normally sells for $35 to $45, so getting her for $4 was a sweet deal.

I put her in a pink dress I had, and dumped the pants and boots because I didn't like them. But she really does look better in light blue because it matches her eyes. So I decided to throw her top in with the next load of laundry we do. If it holds up, fine, but if it doesn't, that's fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.