Friday, June 26, 2026

One reason my throat muscles may have weakened, besides age, is that not long after I stopped singing regularly, I started noticing more fatigue, and the sleep apnea set in. So I stopped exercising my throat muscles as much by no longer singing. But I've lost interest in everything I used to do and considered doing but didn't, except for writing.

Slowly raising the CPAP pressure by 2/10 to find out exactly how high I can go without having more mouth farts than usual. It was at 8.0, so now it's at 8.2. I doubt I'll make it to 9.

Had a storm the night before, and it went on for hours. There were a few really loud thunderclaps, so I was really glad to be awake while it was going on.

Didn't sleep as well last time around, not only because whatever's cursing my sleep will only let me sleep well, or at least well enough, two or three times in a row, but because my metabolism is definitely faster, which can mess with my sleep. Yeah, there's no doubt about it. I noticed the scale nudging down even though I haven't severely restricted calories in any way, and I did more research into NAD. It does boost metabolism, which makes sense because that's tied in with energy levels and all that. While it doesn't keep accumulating like a fat-soluble vitamin or certain drugs can, I still have to be careful if, God forbid, I ever do lose a significant amount of weight.

Just to double-check and be sure, I asked Rhonda if it was okay to take. I still don't see myself ever losing that much more weight. Meaning I don't see myself ever going under the 150s. Even so, it's great to have found this quick energy and metabolism booster that I can stop anytime I want. I still feel okay with no anxiety and I'm not feeling wired, but I want to keep it that way, so I might not take it tomorrow.

As much as I know it would benefit my health greatly, I still fear losing more than 10 lbs, even if I could. Again, it's not like I can test my TSH the instant I run into trouble, but if I don't back off right away, it will just get worse and worse. So we wouldn't be able to get me to the lab soon enough to find out exactly how low my TSH went. At least Rhonda is willing to work with me, and that right there helps.

While NAD does help with energy, it's not magic either. I'm tired because there was a break in my sleep last time around. I'm wondering if some of the fragmented sleep issues and the fact that I woke up in the middle of my sleep and couldn't fall back asleep for over an hour could be because my metabolism is ramping up. I got magnesium glycinate, which is supposed to help with fragmentation, so I'll take that before bed and see how I do.

I considered taking clonazepam so I didn't get backed up in sleep, but if I take too many things at once, it's hard to tell what might hurt or help. So in order to see how much the magnesium helps, I don't want to take anything with it.

So, like I said, I'm tired, but it's not a profound exhaustion. At least not as long as I don't sleep shitty multiple times in a row.

My 86-lb curio came yesterday, and I'm looking forward to putting it together and setting it up. I've got more goodies coming today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.