Tuesday, June 9, 2026

Yesterday afternoon, there was an earthquake off the coast of Cuba, and central Florida could feel it for a few seconds. I thought I had imagined it, but someone posted about it in the park group. So I wasn't going crazy after all! It was similar to the one we experienced in the Roseville Hotel. I was just getting ready to crash when I noticed it. For a minute, I imagined a big sinkhole was getting ready to open up and swallow us, though not literally, of course. Holy shit, though. I didn't think you could have those things here.

The rice cooker and steamer came yesterday, and I made my first batch of rice with a couple of broccoli florets. The broccoli was perfect, but the rice was a little firm and chewy at the same time, which means I need to add more water. I also need to put in half the amount I put in. You forget just how much it fluffs up and is a lot more than what initially meets the eye. It took something like 19 minutes before it automatically switched from cook to warm.

Don't know that I would call this pink, though. It's more like mauve, but it's still a nice color. I've always preferred light colors for appliances versus dark colors or bright colors like fire-engine red.

In a little while, I will be making my first attempt at a Japanese dish called oyakodon. This consists of rice, diced chicken, onions, and eggs. There will be a few different seasonings and sauces I'll be adding as well, like soy sauce, sesame oil, and mirin.

They accidentally gave us someone's ground turkey, so I suggested Tom pick out some kind of Hamburger Helper or Turkey Helper and let me make it up for him. I'm not that big on turkey.

I used the chopper I got with my insurance points, and for less than a buck, I made my own batch of chopped onions.

Because they didn't have what he wanted, we ran out to the dollar store yesterday. I had amazing energy yesterday as well, so as expected, I'm a little tired today. But hey, it wouldn't be me if I had energy regularly, would it?

I got a candle called Peace and Healing, but I swear I'm not getting any more dollar-store candles. They're just not strong enough. I've got one on the warmer now, and I can still barely smell it. It smelled great when I sniffed it in the store, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.